1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Take a Brisk Walk -- It's Good for the Brain

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok folks, start walking ................

2. targus

targus New Member

Din't know that but it seems logical.

My wife and I try to walk eight miles twice a week.

3. Loveday

Loveday New Member

I take a brisk walk with a good friend almost every day. A mile, mile and a half, whatever we feel we can handle. Not sure if it's really helping the old brain, though...I seem to be getting more forgetful by the minute! :tongue3:

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll walk to that !!:thumbs:

Gosh (uh, oh...there's a thread that says we shouldn't use this word)...one day my wife gave me a bag with our shoes to take to the repair shop and once I got out of the door I walked straight to the dumpster and my wife had to run after me and if she didn't see me we would have had to U-turn back to retrieve the bag from the dump.

Then one Sunday afternoon I woke up from a siesta, thinking I had to do something. "Aha! yeah ! do the laundry". My wife is a frail 5'2", 110 pounder and couldn't carry the laundry filled bag so I do the laundry myself.

Well, I was still groggy from sleep and guess what.
    Walked into the next room, grabbed the first thing I looked at (but did not see, if you know what I mean) and started to walk out the door, wondering why the laundry bag seemed so light today, and my wife beat me to the door, and I'm wondering why this woman is blocking me, and she's saying something (still groggy from sleep...downed two Lunestas last night), and pointing down and I looked down and I was in my jockeys and the thing that I had in hand was not the laundry bag.

It was a cage.
    A bird cage.
    With our two parakeets in it.

And this while I was doing 4 miles a day on a treadmill with incline at 11.

Bah !
    who needs researchers !!