1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Take the key and lock her up, my fair lady!

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Wherever You Go, May 3, 2013.

1. Wherever You Go

Wherever You Go New Member

Tonight we had our weekly outreach ministry at our church, where we deal with addicts and down and out people, and those who are struggling in various other ways in their life. We were all done for the night and just about done cleaning up the cafeteria of our church's school building where we meet, when one of my kids came and told me that my three-year-old daughter was "caught in something."

Well, my mind immediately went to the row of lockers in the hallway (it is a school, after all), and sure enough, my little girl was locked in one of the lockers! These were half-size lockers, just her size! It was after ten o'clock. Several people tried to open the locker, but couldn't get it. We found, by examining the doors on the other lockers, that there was a way to open it from the inside, so we tried to explain to her what to do to open it, but it was like :BangHead: because she couldn't understand what we were trying to get her to do.

She was very calm through all of it, except for a little bit of whimpering. My wife also stayed very calm. I am so thankful I didn't marry one of those high-strung ladies. :thumbs:

I had to call our church's facilities manager. I asked him if he knew how to open the lockers. (there is a combination dial and a keyhole). He said no, he'd never messed with them. He also sounded like he had already fallen asleep when I called him. . . . :sleeping_2: He said he would call the school principal. The school principal thankfully did not live too far away. He arrived shortly thereafter, with a key, and opened the locker, and let our poor little bubster out. We all got a pretty good :laugh: out of it. I'm so thankful for friends with a sense of humor.

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

The things kids will get into! LOL!

Of course the comment that the 3 year old was "caught in something" would immediately have made me suspicious that she'd be tempted/encouraged/helped into said locker by older sibling(s). My boys would absolutely have done something like that to my youngest daughter. :D