1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

taking liberties with KJV text?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Logos1560, Sep 14, 2007.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Differences in spoken and written words...Once spoken, audible words cannot be removed...only apologized for. And voice inflections cannot be put into writing.

Unfortunately, many of us write something we don't really mean, and failta proofread before posting. I am as guilty of this as anyone here! That's cuz I often pop in & out while taking a break from business typing. Well, actually I have no real excuses but laziness!

Nic Kizziah is author of this stupid article:

http://www.thebelieversorganization.org/article - Beware of Counterfeit Bibles.htm

KJVOs have enough baggage without adding THIS lunacy.

On another site I am in discussion with one Mr. Matthew Verschuur of Australia, AKA "Bibleprotector", who insists that the Cambridge Edition of the KJV, C. 1900, is the ONLY pure English Bible version. IMO, he'd make a fine captain for the starship Enterprise, as he has lotsa far-out ideas!

http://www.bibleprotector.com/

IMO, both Kizziah and Verschuur are fulla baloney.

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Ed

3. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

I forgive you with open arms brother and I love each and everyone of you. I say that even though you did nothing to offend me. Goes for the rest of them that I spoke of. I ask that you pray for me. To someone else I forgot and I am sorry. I love you brother Bob and am so glad that the lord has given me a brother like you. To all of you that I have said sorry to no need to ask me to forgive you because I was in the wrong. I know that I am nothing without the Lord and my days are because of him. I thank him for his love and for my friends on the BB.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thank you Charles,

It really is a pretty good bunch here on the Baptist Board. I hope you hang around and get to know us.

5. Janet1983

Janet1983 New Member

I found out that in 3 cases (according to this page my Bible has been tampered with... I guess that's not too bad.
    Well, I always thought that my New Defender's Study Bible wouldn't have these either, but I guess I was wrong in that. (One was a "spirit" leading Jesus into the desert and the other one was "travail" in Numbers 20:14)