1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taking Merry Christmas out of greetings

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by bruren777, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Not if you're acting as a representative of the military (Neither can you say "Happy Chanukkah", etc). This is far from implying that it is forbidden in its entirety, and neither is it forbidden in the course of private conversation. So saith my military ex-father-in-law.
    Your'e not forbidden from doing so.
    This is not a topic of being "ashamed". This is a topic of being a represtative of an organization vs being an individual.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Yes. Doesn't matter if the ACLU is Satan incarnate. We're not permitted to make false statements, even if the subject of them is an enemy.

It truly concerns me that so many permit unchristian behavior when the subject is an enemy. Speaking out against an enemy is righteous and worthy, but doing so must be done with honesty and credibility. Where does scripture permit anything less?

At this point in the thread, however, it should be acknowleged that the poster of the OP has apologized, and hence acted in righteousness and humility. We should accept of our brother in Christ, consider the issue resolved, and move on.

3. RockRambler

RockRambler New Member

It was almost embarrassing....I was unsaved, and started going to church one Sunday. Went to a couple, finally found a wonderful church and made a confession and was saved the first Sunday I attended. The next Sunday I went to the Sunday School and who was the teacher? My next door neighbor who I had never met in the 14months I had been living in the neighborhood.

Since that day, I always make it a habit to talk to new neighbors and invite them to church!!!

4. KJV4JJ

KJV4JJ New Member

merry CHRISTmas everybody!!! [​IMG] :D ;) [​IMG]