1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Talk like a Christian!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Sep 25, 2006.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Question:: I recently heard a preaching on how a Christian should talk. For

example: Instead of saying, I hope God blesses me... we have to say... I know that God will do it.

example: Instead of always speaking negative..... like when we have a illness we always say... I have a cold... I have Cancer... I have a headache... we take always possesion and confess that we have!!! We must confess.... I am in victory... God will heal me..

This Pastors reason for saying this is because....God knows whats going to happen before it happens. He always has a way out for you...always.. and if we have Faith and confess our Victory even though you see and feel the situation is difficult... Confesss your Victory.. and if you have Faith.. GoD will do it.. because its already done.. GOD knows you were going through this even before it happened...so he has your blessing and all you must do is have faith and speak the right language....

IF YOU FEEL THIS IS WOF AND ITS UNBIBLICAL PLEASE STATE WHY ITS UNBIBLICAL AND HOW??? THANKS!!!!!

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

It is wof, and I haven't seen any biblical evidence for it. why is it unbiblical? Because we don't boss God around and tell Him what He's going to do for us, it is a lack of faith in God and is faith in ourselves to be able to talk that illness out of us.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I agree. God is not our puppet. The way a person should talk should always have the moniker "God willing" attached to it...not "I know God will".

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Positive thinking can have physical benefits, but it does seem a bit hubric to claim to know God's will in this.

Sometimes, quite often, God's way out for a person is death. There are worse things than death...damnation being one, the big one.

5. hawg_427

hawg_427 Member

If we say we are coming down with a cold we will, you should always speak in a positive manner never negative. If we confess a headache it will probably happen, I always try to be positive. If I do fell a headache coming on I say it to leave me " In Jesus name" never confess Cancer or any other major illness. Read all the healing scriptures possible if you are sick and let God heal you. Remember, God will let us go through difficult times to learn things, to depend on him or to come back to him in times of need.

6. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

The word of God in James does says that there is power in the Tongue!!!
    James 3
    Taming the Tongue
    1Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check.
    3When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. 4Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. 5Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. 6The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.
    7All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea are being tamed and have been tamed by man, 8but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.

9With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. 10Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. 11Can both fresh water and salt[a] water flow from the same spring? 12My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.

I WAS JUST WONDERING!!! IF IT HAS POWER TO CURSE.. THEN IS ALSO HAS POWER TO BLESS RIGHT???

7. Blammo

Blammo New Member

2 Corinthians 12:8-10 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

8. Pete

Pete New Member

It's un-Biblical WoF garbage.

Look at these parts of Paul's resume in 2 Corinthians 4:7-9, 6:4-10, 11:23-28, 12:7-10.

You'ld think someone like Paul should have just been able to "name it claim it and frame it" all away huh? ;)

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

But are those verses talking about the same question you asked in your original post?
    No.
    Bless is one thing, commanding God to do something is another.

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

Somehow we think death for a christian is a bad thing, when it shouldn't be, we are going to see our Lord, our faith becomes sight. While I'm in no hurry to die now that I have grandchildren, at the same time I can't wait to get to Jesus. I told my husband when I die they can cry, but by my funeral they'd better be rejoicing for me.

11. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Question: Abraham had alot of faith.... and when God tested him to offer his son Issac as offering. He went in faith but when his servants asked where he was going he said... We will worship and then we will come back to you."

Now he didnt command God to do anything... He just had faith and confessed that right????

Abraham Tested
    1 Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, "Abraham!"
    "Here I am," he replied.
    2 Then God said, "Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will tell you about."

3 Early the next morning Abraham got up and saddled his donkey. He took with him two of his servants and his son Isaac. When he had cut enough wood for the burnt offering, he set out for the place God had told him about. 4 On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance. 5 He said to his servants, "Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you."

12. rbell

rbell Active Member

Word of Faith borders on the blasphemous.

It makes the assumption that you know what's better for yourself than God does. That's mighty close to what tempted Adam and Eve in the garden, eh?

What if it's God's will for you to be sick, or even die? How dare anyone presume that we should always be healthy and wealthy. God promised to provide all our needs, not give us everything we want.

My closest friend in college contracted malaria after serving in the country of Mali. She was the godliest person I have ever met. She didn't "confess" malaria; she caught it. And died. And more people have come to God through her death than through her life.

The other thing: The word of faith movement is largely an American phenomenon. Why? Because I can take you to places like Haiti, Ukraine, Togo, and Ecuador--and show you folks whose Christian faith would shame all of us--and they live in poverty that would boggle the imagination.

In addition: Have you ever researched how first century Christians lived? Many couldn't buy or sell. They worshipped in caves. Many lived in abject poverty, tolerated disease, and were put to death in many horrible ways.

If 'name it and claim it' didn't work for these incredible saints of God, how could we possibly think it could work for us?

"Word of Faith" junk doesn't pass historical, Biblical, theological, or logical tests.

13. Blammo

Blammo New Member

So, if God tells you not to be ill, don't be ill. Don't for one minute think that God is limited to your ability to believe. If I had cancer, I believe God would be able to take that cancer away, however, I can't "believe hard enough" to make God do it. My job is to trust and obey Him.

You are absolutely right about having a positive attitude, (Philippians chapter 4), but we need to accept God's will in everything.

You can't force God with faith.

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

God does not change what He does, or His will, based on us or our magic words.

15. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

True!!!

Now... Abraham though... he believed it was God's will to sacrifice his son.. yet he confessed that he would return with him.. why is that?

16. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Hebrews 11:17-19 By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

17. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Blammo is right. God had already promised Abraham that through Isaac a great nation would come. To Abraham it was simple. God's going to keep his promise, so if I sacrifice Isaac, the only way he can keep that promise is to raise him from the dead.

Another thing, sometimes' God plan is to give you the "ultimate healing"--death. Just take you home to heaven.

The other posters are also right. You can ask God for healing. Shoot, you can ask him for a new car for all I care. But you can't order God around. He will always do for you what is best, and that means sometimes he says no. Just like you did to your kids, right?

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Well, I believe it says our "faith" will be tried and Abraham's faith sure was tried, that is why he is known as the father of faith.