1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tangled Clinton Web: Foundation received millions from investors as Russia acquired p

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The relationship between former President Bill Clinton and a group of wealthy Canadian mining investors who made significant contributions to the Clinton family's foundation has come under scrutiny after their uranium company ended up in the hands of the Russians.

That deal, which gave the Russians access to part of the U.S. uranium reserves, all started with Bill Clinton's dealings with friend Frank Giustra.

Peter Schweizer, author of the forthcoming book, "Clinton Cash," that details family foundation donations and alleged favors, told Fox News that Clinton traveled in 2005 to Kazakhstan, where Giustra, a Canadian investor, was trying to "get control to buy a couple of uranium mines." "And he became, really, partners, in a way, with Bill Clinton-- working on philanthropic activities," he said.

At the same time, Schweizer said, "Giustra has been involved in helping to facilitate speaking engagements -- for the Clintons."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/04/23/tangled-clinton-web/

2. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Clinton cash: More names revealed of foundation donors who benefited from hillary’s s

On Thursday, the New York Times verified and confirmed facts presented in the forthcoming book Clinton Cash which reveals that in October 2010, then-Sec. of State Hillary Rodham Clinton approved the Russian government’s takeover of a company named Uranium One—a decision that gave away half of U.S. uranium output to the Russian government, resulted in the deal’s investors giving the Clinton Foundation $145 million, and occurred while Bill Clinton made hundreds of thousands of dollars in speaking fees paid for by Kremlin-connected businesses.

Breitbart News has also learned the names of several additional Clinton Foundation donors who were the beneficiaries of Hillary Clinton’s State Department policies beyond those revealed by other sources that have reported on Clinton Cash.

Included in the Clinton Foundation donations were $2.35 million in hidden contributions from Canadian executive Ian Telfer that the Clintons never disclosed—a striking and direct violation of the Clintons’ agreement with the Obama administration that all foreign Clinton foundation donations would be publicly disclosed.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...who-benefited-from-hillarys-state-department/

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Politico: Hillary’s ‘clinton cash’ dismissal is dead in the water

Right about the time Drudge Report splashed a link to Jonathan Chait’s latest column across its homepage, I got a g-chat from a Democratic strategist: “This is a big deal,” he wrote. “My gut tells me it elevates this story to something bigger and more needing of her response. I think this might take away the chance of this ordeal being seen as a partisan witch hunt.”

The story in question is, of course, the revelation that Clinton Foundation donations and Clinton family speaking fees may have influenced Hillary Clinton’s actions as Secretary of State — which, if true, would be an extraordinary conflict of interest. In the last 24 hours, The New York Times, POLITICO, The Washington Post, Reuters, Bloomberg and The Wall Street Journal have all published reports on such possible connections, based off the forthcoming book by conservative author Peter Schweizer, “Clinton Cash.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-clinton-cash-dismissal-is-dead-in-the-water/

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Clinton Foundation Caught Straight-Up Lying To New York Times Reporter

In a preview of Fox News’ upcoming special on the allegations that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton traded political favors for donations to the Clinton Foundation, The New York Times reporter Jo Becker revealed that the Clintons straight-up lied to her about whether Bill Clinton had attended a key meeting. (VIDEO: Josh Earnest Dodges 10 Consecutive Questions About Clinton Foundation)

One of the revelations in the Times piece is that Bill Clinton played a key role in the insuring acquisition of key uranium mines from the Kazakh state-owned uranium mining company Kazatomprom to Canadian millionaire Frank Giustra. After the transaction, Giustra gave over $30 million to the Clinton Foundation.

But when Becker asked for details about a meeting between the three men, the Clintons denied it ever happened. “When I first contacted both the Clinton Foundation, Mr. Clinton’s spokesman and Mr. Giustra they denied any such meeting ever took place,” she told Fox News.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/23/c...ht-up-lying-to-new-york-times-reporter-video/

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Krauthammer: ‘Unbelievable Arrogance’ That Clintons Thought They’d ‘Get Away With It’

KRAUTHAMMER: It’s hard to know where to start with this. They go unreported, and then you hear the principal who donates the money saying that he really was interested in the charitable objectives of the Clinton Foundation, when it is obvious to anybody who is over nine years old that you take the president of the United States, ex-president, on a plane, you go to Kazakhstan, he praises one of the more infamous dictators in the region at a time when he needs that kind of validation. A few days later this small company which is sort of unknown, a shell company, gets a huge concession and then there is a donation, and then there’s a speech that he can pocket. Whereas the donations, you know– what did you report the other day, something like $70 million the Foundation has spent on transportation? I mean, what does it take; I mean, that’s really flying pretty high. So in a sense it’s a piggy bank for the Clintons under the guise of a charity. But what strikes me about all this is the unbelievable arrogance of the Clintons, who do this in the full expectation that they’re going to get away with it. They burn the tapes, they eliminate the e-mails. Yes, you might not have had a direct quid pro quo in the e-mails, but there might have been hints of things going on that would support other evidence and now it has disappeared, it’s gone. And you do all this knowing you’re walking the line. You know, you may not be able to prove an actual quid pro quo, which is what you’d need for a criminal prosecution, but you come really close to that line. But they think in the end they’re going to get away with it? This comes out in April of this year and by next year, do you know what they’re going to say? ‘Old news. We have dealt with it.’

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/23/k...lintons-thought-theyd-get-away-with-it-video/

6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Clintons sold the Russians about 20% of our uranium supply if I understand the news correctly. I don't see how the Clintons can recover from this.

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You need to recall how much the leftist democrats in this country loved the Soviet Union. This will only make her more acceptable to some of them. I believe some of these people would have been happy to see the hammer and sickle flying over this country.