1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Target Stores: use any washroom

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by church mouse guy, Apr 21, 2016.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to the Chicago Tribune, among many other sources, Target Stores have said that you can use any washroom or changing room depending upon your gender identity at the moment.

As states and school districts grapple with laws or allowances around transgender bathroom use, one retail giant has made its stance public.

In a statement on its company website Tuesday, Target declared its commitment to "equality and equity."

"Inclusivity is a core belief at Target," the statement said. "Most relevant for the conversations currently underway, we welcome transgender team members and guests to use the restroom or fitting room facility that corresponds with their gender identity."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-target-transgender-bathrooms-20160420-story.html

2. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In support of Target Corp., one lady on tv just pointed out that this is 2016 (I kid you not). AlienAlienAlien

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I guess that's her way of saying we should have "progressed" past this. Why don't they just do unisex or family bathrooms where you can lock the door?

Some folks may have to lose their jobs to pay for it. Just let them know, that's the price for progress.;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Zaac - I love the idea of one seaters and I think they should have the option of those but unfortunately, there are building codes (funny enough I was typing building and mistyped and it corrected it to bully - kind of the same thing when you've been through dealing with building codes) that state how many "seats" you need per person of occupancy. We were looking to build a church in a warehouse and I believe we had to have 1 men's room "seat" and 2 women's "seats" per so many people (I don't remember the numbers). In a location like Target where they have at least 6 stalls in the ladies' room, I don't think they could make 6 individual bathrooms PLUS what they need for the men as well.

5. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    target.png target2.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm glad you mentioned that. And I think again that companies should start saying that they will accommodate this desire by turning the stalls into walled to the top and bottom unisex rooms, but that they are gonna have to fire a lot of people to be able to do this.

After enough people start losing their jobs and turning on these foolish legislators, maybe we can vote them out of office?

7. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I'm still laughing. Bubbles---thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am just praying that Target Corp goes out of business.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Honestly, if that is how you feel, you're going to have to feel that way about many more businesses in the coming months. I'm sure that this is just the first in a step towards full total blurring of the lines in gender. Watch many more stores follow suit.

10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama will be gone soon. The upper class in Indiana believes in that stuff because of Birch Bayh and Evan Bayh, who are linked to the Clintons. Trump says that he believes in that stuff, too. Target has a warehouse in Indianapolis across the street from the Carrier factory that is moving to Mexico. Maybe Carrier is moving to get away from Target.

The American upper class is parasitical like the LGBTs, no? Obama will be gone soon.

11. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

No problem, when the moslums take over the US, the perverts will be gone, quickly. The high dive off the closest skyscraper will thin their ranks real quick

• Like Like x 1