1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Task Manager

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by why try?, Oct 30, 2005.

1. why try?

why try? Guest

No, I think I was trying to end a process a couple of days ago & ended the wrong one by mistake, & no tabs since then. Nothing at all happens with a right clik.
    Unless I'm misunderstanding you....I can go to the bottom of the screen, where the start button & task Bar are located, right clik & get the properties,tools, adjust time, OPEN task manager,etc. But when the manager comes up there should be tabs at the top of it's window that aren't there any more.

2. why try?

why try? Guest

Mornin'!
    Was wondering if anyone could help me out. I seem to have lost the tabs on my task manager's window. When I bring it up it just shows the running proccesses. Its on win2000pro.
    Thanks!

3. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

Hey James,

I've seen this before a couple years ago. I believe if you right click your mouse on a blank area on the box (space open by the bottom buttons), you should get a menu to turn it back on, if my memory serves me correctly.

David

4. why try?

why try? Guest

I can get the window to come up, but the tabs for
    showing memory & running applications disappeared, plus the tool bar.

5. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

Yeah, I think that's something you can do in W2K. I can't do it on my XP. Are you able to right click on the box anywhere to get its options/properties?

David

6. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

Oh, I meant the bottom of the task manager window. This sounds like the same problem my brother-in-law had with his computer. At the time, I had a laptop with W2K and I couldn't figure out what he was talking about until I accidently turned off those options.

If I remember correctly, I right clicked at an open area on the task manager box. I don't remember what the options are though....

David

7. why try?

why try? Guest

I opened the TM window, even enlarged it to make sure I was in clear area & still nothing. Also tried the gray area composing the window with no results.

8. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

Okay. I am able to do this with TM in XP. It isn't a right click, it is a double left click on that open space. When you double click on it, it closes it, and the same double click will bring it back. This should work in W2K.

It's been a while but that's what does it for me.

David

9. why try?

why try? Guest

I can get it to open/close fine, just tryin to get the missing tabs (buttons) back. But I do appreciate the effort!

10. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

So, right now, all you have at the top is:

"Image Name", "User Name", "CPU" and "Mem Usage". At the bottom a button that says "End Process"?

David

11. why try?

why try? Guest

Sorry it's taken so long to get back. Actually now you're gettin it....At the bottom it says End Processes,...& at the top...it says NUTHIN"!!
    I did manage to find a download that gives me tha same info, but now I'm determined to figure out ( or have someone figure for me!) what happened to dem der buttons!!

12. kubel

kubel New Member

[​IMG]

Double click on the gray area surrounding the processes and everything will come back.

[​IMG]

13. why try?

why try? Guest

Well, uh, ya know I really had tried that but I went & tried it again & it worked! Seemed like I had to get right in the middle of the bottom, but it works now.
    Thanks a heap, but now I got to figure out if my mouse is clickig right. [​IMG] [​IMG]