1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tastes of the season: yum!

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Gina B, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

What are your favorite flavors for this time of year?

Today I had my first cup of hot chocolate this fall. Dark chocolate with a swirl of whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon. There's a pot of split pea soup simmering on the stove. I am roasting two little pumpkins tomorrow - one will be savory and the other filled with apples, butter, and spiced brown sugar. The apples inside will be soft enough to stir into sauce by the time the pumpkins are finished.

I love this time of year! The hunt for decent apple cider is on. It's a "must have!"

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ohhhhhhh Gina....now we are getting into girlie stuff. :laugh:

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Guys like food too! I think. Don't make me question my world! LOL

4. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I love this time of year too, Spring.....Apple cider is a summer drink for me, cold from the fridge, I don't like beer.

I rarely eat fresh fruit and veg as it is very expensive. Frozen veg and tinned fruit, or produce from backyards. I have a freezer full of meat at present, which I rarely buy for the same reasons as the fruit and veg. However, 2 families I am friendly with slaughtered beasts and so I have a lot of beef......lucky me to have such generous friends eh.