1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tattoos

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by kallmekrazykatie, Apr 15, 2005.

1. loving2daysyouth

loving2daysyouth New Member

If a young person walked into church with a body full of tattoos, your reaction would be what?
    Open arms or tapping the person next to you in shock that some "punk kid" would "defile the temple of the Holy Ghost like that?"

I trust you are teaching them why it's wrong and not just that grandma says so. Convictions and Doctrine are two extremely different things!

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I would welcome him/her just like anyone else and if he/she were alone, I would invite him/her to sit with me. BTW, this has happened and I have already done what I said I would do.

Of course, I am teaching my grandson WHY it is wrong. I am hoping he will have the same convictions when he gets older.

Doctrine has absolutely nothing to do with this. Convictions and Doctrine and Preferences are three extremely different things!

3. loving2daysyouth

Pat yourself on the back then. However, why is it wrong? That's the question. A conviction is just that, conviction. No Biblical support. Just a personal conviction. Same with music, smoking, gambling, etc. (All of which I would agree with you on!)

4. I Am Blessed 24

I can only answer for myself. Let me make this clear. I do not look down on anyone who has a tattoo.

I believe it is wrong because it is mutilation of the body and it is getting worse.

I have known many people who regret ever getting a tattoo.

If my grandson never gets a tattoo, he won't be tempted to get 2-3-4-5-etc.

I think we ALL pray our children and grandchildren will have the same convictions we do - but I'm gonna love 'em anyway... [​IMG]

5. loving2daysyouth

Does this apply to those who over-eat? Self-Injure? Dye their hair? Are these body-mutilations?

6. I Am Blessed 24

That is off topic and not keeping in line with this thread.

I suggest you start a thread on these other topics, if you so desire.

7. Gib

Gib Active Member

Diane, I had a thousand or so Disney Channel tattoos and gave them to Cheryl to take to school. Those kids love them.

8. Bound4Glory

Bound4Glory New Member

no, I don't prescribe to legalism, but I DO have convictions.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Amen sister!

9. God'sMusicGirl07

God'sMusicGirl07 New Member

When I was young I loved putting on fake tattoos. My family went on vacation and I got an air brush tattoo. I am 16 now and I have no desire for a tatoo. For one reason I am horrified of needles :eek: Also I do not want that on my body. I do not disagree with tattoos. I believe that is between you and God.

10. Gib

Gib Active Member

I don't fear needles. I fear the lab technician that can't do it right the first time.

11. Grace

Grace New Member

Amen Gib! The lab techs have hurt me horribly. The lady who gave me my estimate at the tattoo parlor was the nicest girl! The place was very clean and well lit. I felt good about it. Now, I've got to save the money.

**Sits back and waits.