1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tattoo's ?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by DeclareHim, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

If a Christian asks me if they should get a tatoo (and I have been asked that by young people, usually in their 20's), I then ask them why they want it and what kind of tattoo they are thinking of getting. Asking those questions can reveal a lot about why they are wanting it and what might be going on, or what issues there might be in their life. Or maybe they just want a discreet, artistic tatoo because they see it as art. I always tell them to consider how they might feel about it years from now.

Also, their answers might reveal they are hesitant or are not sure it's right, in which case I advise them not to do it. Sometimes they just want a sounding board and feedback.

2. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

In Leviticus it also says not to "round the corners of your head" Le 19:27
    Do you cut your hair? Yea probably so there are some laws that aren't applicable today from the OT.

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where are the hardcore dispensationalists when you need them? [​IMG]

4. The abortion is bringing blood sacrifices to satan, like in the OT passing children trough the fire. The tattoos the blood let to satan. Remember the life is in the blood. Same going on for centuries. But children of God are ignorant.

5. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

One of the reasons I asked was my cousin wants to get a tatto of a cross (right above his elbow)
    about 6 in long and about 2 1/2 inches in width. (latin cross) Mostly I was just wondering what you guys thought about it. I wouldn't mind having one its not like I have to. I don't covet getting one but just think it would be cool to get a latin cross on the back of my hand.

6. Eltrow

Eltrow New Member

I think the scripture is very clear about tattoos:
    Le 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I [am] the LORD.
    The reason that it is not dealt with in the NT is because it is fully dealt with in the OT.
    Rebellion is something that is done in direct disobedience to what God's word says. Rebellion is rampant in our society and has been becoming more open and blatant these last 10-20 years. Open your eyes, we are living in the last days. There are spiritual consequences to disobeying God's laws.
    The phrase, "Being so heavenly minded that we can be of no earthly good" is a lie. We need to be so heavenly minded that we can be of some earthly good.

7. We dealt with this problem in my family 8 years ago. So many spirits came out of the person. She came to her senses, repented and is blessed by the Lord. But it took me continual corporate fasting and heavy warfare prayer. I am warning you, but you are free to make your decision. But before you do that ask the Lord if He wants you to have it, give it to Him, if it is from Him , He will give it back to you, if it is from the enemy let him remove your desire.

8. Gib

Gib Active Member

Blood is released in surgery and giving blood. Should we stay away from the doctors and blood drives?

9. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

The only thing "perminate" that the Lord Jesus is looking for on our bodies---is His marks!!

Galatians 6: 17, "From henceforth let no man trouble me; for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus."

Of course, then---there's that mark that God placed upon Cain!!

Now---its a choosin'!! The marks of Christ or the marks of Cain!!

Question we need to ask!!

What are the marks of Christ?? And what is the mark of Cain??

Marks of Christ=simple obedience to the word from the Word!

Marks of Cain=open rebellion to the word from the Word!

Now---what does the word from the Word say about tatoos????

10. To be on the surgeon's table is not a blessing. What is the source of the diseases according to the Word? Sin? Rebellion? Idolatry? Have you red the Hippocratic Oath. "I swear by Apollo the physician and Aesculapius and all the gods and goddess, that to my ability and judgement I will keep this oath and this stipulation to reckon him who taught this art....." Who is Apollo?(Rev9:11) Apollyon comes from the same root as Apollo. He is god of destruction, medicine, archery, prophecy, music, poetry and the highest type of masculine beauty.
    Aesculapius is the god of medicine, the son of Apollo by a demon nymph. “All gods and goddess”; the caduceus is staff of Mercury (wined by two serpents) god of commerce, messenger of the gods, cleverness, lying, thievery, eloquence, travel, etc.
    What Bible sais about the oath?
    Who is the Healer according to the Bible?
    1Co 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
    Can those things give glory to God?

11. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think someone has just lost all credibility...I won't identify he or she, however. [​IMG]

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Uhhh, the modern Hippocratic oath is as follows:

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

13. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I have a tattoo of a Cross on my left shoulder. I got it about 5 years ago. My fiance has a tattoo of a cross on her ankle.

14. A_Christian

A_Christian New Member

I feel that tattoos are not only a sign of questionable character and ill breeding but a waste
    of time and money that could be more honorably and wisely spent. Unfortunately, most people don't think much beyond what is the latest fad & fancy to care.

15. People your tattoos do not bother me, neither affect my life. Enjoy it. The price you payed for it is too high. If the Spirit of the living God do not convince you, it is not my job to do so. Have a good day.

16. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whoa I posted that too quickly! Strike "he or she;" add "him or her."

17. natters

natters New Member

Ezekiel 9:4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

Just kidding. [​IMG]

18. Bob Colgan

Bob Colgan New Member

19. Bob Colgan

Bob Colgan New Member

I don't know what all that means :confused: .

BOB

20. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

To say to get a tattoo is blood letting is crazy its not like you bleed for hours and could die.