1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taunting in Time of War

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Sep 13, 2007.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=22346
    Taunting in a Time of War
    by Brett Winterble

As we pass the 6th Anniversary of 9/11, one thing is clear -- America has lost the art of the taunt.

Don’t confuse that statement with a call for further coarsening of the culture, or for people to engage in more insulting discourse -- we already have plenty of that over at the liberal hate blogs. Just take a trip into New York City or Boston, or Philadelphia or Chicago and at any given time, you can be told to “drop dead” in dozens of creative ways and foreign languages. That’s the great global tradition of insults -- I am talking about something different, something special, I am talking about the uniquely American, lost art of the Taunt.

SNIP

... “TAUNT” That was the headline on the Drudge Report, for most of 9/11/07 -- Bin Laden calling us out, telling us we were beaten and weak. Osama was telling us that weren’t man enough to take him down. Osama was telling us not only did he knock down our towers and hit the Pentagon on 911 but also that he was recruiting an army of martyrs to do it again and again and again.

SNIP

The left wants us to apologize while simultaneously striking our foes -- scratch that, they just want us to apologize for putting those towers in the way of Al Qaeda. They want us to submit, to surrender but never hit back, even verbally. Its absurd; hell we ought to start talking abou reparations to the worldwide jihad movement now before any one gets their feelings hurt.

Well, I for one say it ends now: it’s time to go full court taunt. We need to strike these guys at their core -- at their manhood. We need to portray Osama and Mahmood foot tapping each other in a men’s room stall. We need to recut Brokeback Mountain with Bashsar Assad and Ayman Al Zawahiri as the lonely cowboys…We need to call these jihadis the sissy men that they are and laugh at them. We need to stop respecting our enemies and start beating them. They need to be dehumanized because they are not human. We need to make 'em quake with our taunts. We need to beat them AND make them feel bad. Our national honor demands it.

Who’s with me? Hey, Osama: be afraid. Be very afraid. We’re sending a bunch of little blue-haired grannies to kick your butt. They’re sick and tired of being searched at airports.

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

You know I believe we could have caught bin Laden if that were our real objective. If we hadn't pulled half of our troops out of Afghanistan to invade Iraq that might have been possible. Didn't Bush actually say a few months ago that capturing or killing bin Laden wasn't a major objective anymore? The major objective was to invade and occupy Iraq.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What difference does it make how many troops we have in Afghanistan when Bin Laden isn't there?

Looking to invade Pakistan?

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Bin Lazarus is more useful "alive" and free. This way he can be brought out and put on display anytime there is any dissent over our current and future wars. Still, I wish they'd stop using the same old video clips of him over and over again. It's kind of insulting.

Probably help if he was actually still alive. Till the scientists have perfected reanimation I guess we're stuck watching all the old reruns. In the meantime I do have high hopes for computer generated graphics, just look what they did with Forrest Gump. :laugh:

#4 poncho, Sep 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2007
  5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe we could have "caught Bin Laden" if we had said "YES" when he was up to us on a silver platter!!

But the left-leaning Clinton toy Admin did not have the stomach to say "yes I will take that prisoner - just hand him over to us".

IF EVER there was a point in history to "regret" that IS IT!

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good point.

(All these inconvenient details get ignore in the pop media for some odd reason)

7. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

No. Just send in some CIA operatives to assassinate him. Do you think they've never done that?

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is contrary to your statement that the number of troops in Afghanistan makes a difference when it comes to the capture or killing of Bin Laden. Make up your mind.

Besides, Liberals destroyed most of the CIA's covert capabilities in the middle east long ago. You make it sound easy. It's not. The CIA doesn't put out suicide operatives.

9. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Here's a clue. Bush didn't want to take bin Laden. In fact he even said that months ago. He said that capturing bin Laden was no longer a high priority. Why? Because bin Laden is serving as very useful person to the Bush war machine. Without bin Laden do you actually think Bush could have kept this unjust war going? Occupying Iraq is important. bin Laden is merely a pawn in the game.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, he didn't. That's your spin.

But you didn't really respond to my post. You kind of changed subjects and went off on a rant.

Frustration, perhaps.:BangHead:

11. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Do you know how to use Google?

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
    - G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
    - G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
    3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't need it. The issue is not what Bush said, but what you said he said.

You wrote : "Here's a clue. Bush didn't want to take bin Laden."

Nowhere in the quotes you've listed does he say that. It's your spin, pure and simple.

13. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

OK. I'll withdraw my statement that "Bush didn't want to take bin Laden" and replace it with a quote from Bush "I am truly not that concerned about him." I can't see that I was putting any "spin" on his own words but if you can so be it.

#13 JustChristian, Sep 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2007
  14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Here's a nice accurate quote for you.

"No, President Bush did not make a mistake in his handling of terrorism. He made the mistake of believing that we still had the courage and fortitude of our fathers. He believed that this was still the country that our fathers fought so dearly to preserve.

It is not the same country. It is now a cross between Sodom and Gomorra and the land of Oz."

Bob Beskar

15. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Bush is far too cynical and interested in his own self interests to think this way. But Bush is only the figurehead. Look to Cheney, Rumsfield, and Wolfowitz if you want to understand what has happened in Bush's administration. BTW, who is Bob Beskar? I've never heard of him.