1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured TBN Founder, Paul Crouch, Passes Away!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Dec 1, 2013.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

Much is done in the name of God which is, in reality, devoid of God.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yet GOD can STILL use it to His glory.:thumbsup:

Satan no doubt thought jumping into Judas would benefit his cause when all he really unkowingly did was go along on a ride that God had already played out to send Himself to the Cross and to be glorified.

20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.
    Gen. 50:20

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :smilewinkgrin:

kinda reminds me of a kin back in the Philippines. an avid fan of TBN. one day it was rainin' nails and bolts and the waters were rising fast and got to the carburetor. car went out. of course.
    they sat there for three minutes in the hard rain.
    then, this kin jumped out, OPENED THE HOOD, and rebuked the carburetor !!
    ordered it to start, in Jesus' Name.

nuts !!!!

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

Had something similar happen during a snowstorm with an acquaintence several years ago.

I told him, "If that works, you need to open an auto repair shop."

He looked dumbly at me and said, "It doesn't work that way."

So, of course, being me, I said, "So why is it going to work that way now???

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never thought of comparing Judas with Paul Crouch in all honesty. I got tired of Paul Crouch because of his heterodox theology and his alleged wealth gained from Trinity Broadcasting Network. He got old and his body wore out--a contradiction to his health and wealth gospel. He even had to settle an employee's lawsuit.

6. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. I used to be in the WoF movement. I saw goofy things like that all the time.

I remember being at the Creation Festival with a group of folks who were rebuking the rain and demanding that it not rain. They got really mad at me when I asked if it occurred to them that maybe it was raining because God heard the prayers of some faithful local farmers and was answering their prayer for rain.

7. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I'm waiting any day now for Benny Hinn to drag Paul's casket into his Living Room and place his hand upon his television for a rerun of The Benny Hinn Show.

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This was a SAD truth!

They never allowed an accounting and that is a sad truth! The fact that they had several mansion like homes throughout the country was something that soured many who once gave faithfully to the ministry!

I never gave to TBN, but I was disgusted when they used a million of so dollars to cover up the homosexual affair Paul had with a staff member. That is totally inappropriate in more ways than you can shake a stick at! And when I say inappropriate, I also mean the affair. :(

9. SolaSaint

Really Paul, I had never heard of that. I know I'm poking fun at TBN and Crouch, and you have said some very kind words in your posts. I truly feel compassion for his family at this time, but I truly hope this ends the false gospel TBN peddles.

10. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He was a false teacher who led millions of people away from the Truth and into the darkness of a false Christ. My prayer is that he repented and recanted before his death. The grace of God and the blood of Christ is sufficient for even archheretics. Either way, God is glorified.

11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

On www.christianpost.com, I found this snippet quite intriguing:

Now, where was his faith that God would heal his heart condition w/o the use of a pacemaker?

12. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Paul Crouch was an upscale Gene Scott, another charlatan. Now both are gone, and the entertainment world is the poorer for that. And, BTW, I usually refrain from speaking ill of the dead, but this one demands an exception. I won't say he is the sleeziest. I’m saving that title for Robert Tilton. :-(

My wife takes exception to my picking the 'sleeziest' televangelist. She says 'sorting out a champion is something only the Almighty can do'. She probably has a point.

#32 Walter, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013
  13. SolaSaint

You are right about Tilton. I haven't seen him in years but I remember me and my wife laughing so hard when he gave his pitch. How anyone cannot see right through these false men I don't know. But then again I listened to Justin Peters and Jonny Erickson-Tada talk about when they sought after a healer and I guess if you are desperate you will try anything. This is why these guys are HORRIBLE. They play on the misery of the helpless to build their empires of mansions and Lear Jets. God help them when they face Him.

Did you know that Crouch was said to have had a homosexual affair at one time and was sued for plagarism an out of court settlement. I have also heard he was a drunk. He sure does fit the bill of an unregenerate man. I pray he wasn't but the fruit is tainted or rotten.

14. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ask and you will recieve!

Rick - here is the news in all its non-glory:http://articles.latimes.com/2004/sep/12/local/me-lonnie12