1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tea Party and Compromise

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am using the Tea Party here as an example, since it is a nationwide grass roots loosely associated national organizations (in a way like Baptist churches).

So lets talk about Compromise - Should the Tea party compromise on any of its platform. Should we as individuals be willing to compromise on some issues to gain some ground?

For example - BO wants to tax the rich ($250 K) higher rates. Now I don't think they should pay any higher rate % wise - but would I be wrong in saying, okay - if the limit was raised to 5 Million.

Now, what are some things you might be willing to compromise to get some headway -
    ................OR
    do we not compromise one iota?

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I say as a nation we've been compromised enough already Salty. It's high time to realize who our real common enemy is and go head to head with him. Toss him into prison where he belongs and raise our children so that they won't be fooled by him and his globalistic one world hijinx again, ever.

3. mandym

mandym New Member

Compromise can be good and then there are times to stand your ground. Recently the Dems are crying for compromise but it was just the beginning of tow years ago when they were declaring "elections have consequences" and Obama was belittling Repubs in public on T.V.

1. Abortion=no
    2. Current debt=no
    3. Debt Ceiling=no
    4. unconstitutional programs=no

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, lets take abortion. (we will pretend you are the Governor of a state.
    There is a bill to stop all abortion except for the life of the mother.
    You do not want that exception in there, but if you veto it, the state assembly will not take out that provision, and the entire bill will die, thus abortions will continue. So do you veto that bill on principal, or do you sign the bill to stop 98% of all abortions. By signing are you comprising your standards, or are you getting as much as you reasonable can?

Myself, I would sign the bill. Of course, I would make a public statement that it is not sufficient, but it is a great start.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

>For example - BO wants to tax the rich ($250 K) higher rates.

TP has bought into the scam that people who work for wages are rich BECAUSE they have good union jobs. Two adults working LOTS of overtime could gross $250K, High voltage line workers in a year with lots of ice storms, for example.

I would automatically classify anyone who works for wages as "working class" and this is most people who make under $100K - which times 2 is $200K. Then "middle class" would be those making over $200K.

But in the long run, it might be simpler to classify "working class" as those grossing minimum wage to 5 times minimum wage and "middle class" from 5 times minimum wage to 10 times minimum wage. Rich from 10 times to 100 times and stinking rich over 100 times minimum wage. All this based on a standard work year of 2080 hours.

6. targus

targus New Member

My, my...

Someone really has a preoccupation with "class".

Dividing people into classes is a pointless exercise.

People are individuals.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But people tend to mingle with those of similar circumstances - whether it be race, religion, work status, fill-in-the-blank...