1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Teachers and Agendas

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Don, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So I read where a male teacher is facing 150 years for statutory rape with a female student, and I read where a female teacher is facing 20 years for statutory rape with a male student.

Then I read where two different male teachers were found guilty of statutory rape with male students, and neither are facing any jail time at all.

Someone please tell me why I'm confused.

2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Do you have links to this news?

It's hard to compare without reading the stories. All of them are wrong, and should be punished if they are guilty.

Jamie

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Well, in looking over the article, I thought of this. How many people, gay or straight, are not convicted, so I did some searching.

From a quick search it seems that a litte under half of the people that are charged with rape are turned loose without prison time. Now, to have acurate numbers, it would take more time and research.

So, my guess on first look is this one:

I believe WND focused this issue on the gay guy. I think the article is skewed in that I don't believe it to be a gay issue, I think it's a bigger problem than that.

I believe the problem is bigger than "gay people get off the hook, and straight people don't"

I believe the bigger problem is why is so much of this going on in the first place. What causes people gay or straight to rape anyone, of any age, but especially the kids. And more importantly, how do we stop it.

I don't believe by reading these couple of articles that the problem is any greater or lessor in the gay or straight community. It's a problem, plain and simple and we should find a way to get it under control.

Jamie