1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Teaching of the Apostle John

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by agedman, Sep 26, 2015.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And then that Amil is going have to explain to me how that the people who flew the planes on 9/11 were not deceived in their belief.

2. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very valid argument.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

3. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are many anti-christs.......is demonic influence completely restrained with Satan? Amil' believe the binding of Satan limits him....it doesn't silence him. A bound strong man can still speak and deceive.

*Mohammed is perhaps the greatest false prophet we have seen to date.....he came in the spirit of the anti-christ

4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2015 years give or take 4 years - 1000

Looks like God is running late on some things. :)

5. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only of you believe it is a literal 1000 years. Peter says "But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day"

6. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good night. Really?

SMH

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, if I wanted to say pretrib, premil, then I would further redefine myself.
    A Chiliast of the first century, by definition was a dispensationalist. His stance on the tribulation is moot.

As far as I am concerned the RCC is cult, whether or not the believe in the trinity. They preach false doctrine, and their so-called gospel will send a person straight to hell. There is no gospel in the RCC. I used to be one.
    Augustine is one of the founders and/or fathers of the RCC. Much of what they believe comes from him.

8. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dispensationalism is a now theological term for a type of theology with 3 main distinctions.

1. Generally, seven dispensations are distinguished: innocence (before the fall), conscience (Adam to Noah), government (Noah to Babel), promise (Abraham to Moses), Law (Moses to Christ), grace (Pentecost to the rapture), and the millennium.

2. Dispensationalism holds to literal interpretation of Scripture.

3. It holds to a distinction between Israel and the Church.

I don't think we can place the term dispensationalist to 1st century leaders. Of course there is many other beliefs common in dispensationalism, pre-trib being another. Though I guess it would be technically possible to fit into the systemized dispensationalism and be Post-trib. I just haven't meet one.

I can agree with that. However I am not using the Trinity to vindicate the RCC. Just stating that just because the RCC believes something, it doesn't automatically disqualify the doctrine.

9. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

:laugh:eek:r not:laugh:

no its not

https://bible.org/article/phantom-heresy-did-council-ephesus-431-condemn-chiliasm

#49 Iconoclast, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  10. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

What in the world does the eschatology of a Christian have to do with a Muslim? Aren't all unbelievers deceived?

11. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Correct!

When it suits their purpose!

Initially it was an eternal distinction. They waver somewhat now {1000 years for sure} but there is always some distinction.

John_Nelson_Darby around 1830 came up with the 7th dispensation based on a Revelation he received while reading Isaiah 32 and recuperating from a riding accident at his sisters home, freeloading!

As I have noted earlier many "rabid" dispensationalists doubt the salvation of anyone who disagrees with them.

12. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mark 3:27. "No one can enter a strong man's house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man. And then he will be able to plunder his house."

In the context of the preceding verses, who is the strong man? And who is the one who binds him? And for what purpose?

13. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very valid point. I used Matthew 12 to illustrate the same point earlier.

14. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems like this may be what old man has succumbed to.

'If you're not a dispensationalist like me, you're Pope-driven'.

#54 kyredneck, Sep 28, 2015
  15. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 And he laid hold on the dragon, the old serpent, which is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years,
    3 and cast him into the abyss, and shut it, and sealed it over him, that he should deceive the nations no more, until the thousand years should be finished: after this he must be loosed for a little time.
    7 And when the thousand years are finished, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
    8 and shall come forth to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to the war: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
    9 And they went up over the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down out of heaven, and devoured them. Rev 20

IMO, the thousand years is past, Satan has been loosed, the nations are being deceived, and the camp of the Saints is being encompassed. Been happening for about two centuries now.

The deception of Marxism alone caused an estimated 100 million deaths in the 20th century. It's untold the casualties the deception of Zionism is responsible for.

#55 kyredneck, Sep 28, 2015