1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tebow our starter!!!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by dcorbett, Oct 11, 2011.

1. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is our young Elway.....who, by the way, didn't look great when he first started either. Elway made this decision, I would wager to say....That's what the Denver Post cartoon pointed out.

I was at church til the 4th quarter, so I only saw sad highlights. But the 4th quarter was wow!!

Yep, starting rough and finishing great....if he does that from now on, I will be just as happy!!! And did you happen to see him and about 5 other players kneeling and praying during the field goal attempt at the end? I did. :1_grouphug: He is bringing a strong testimony to the Broncos. I hope that McCoy and Bradford are doing the same with their teams!!!

2. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

I think this whole Tim Tebow Bru Hah Hah boils down to the fact that we all (including myself) and the Denver fans want him to succeed simply because he is the All American Boy, and a great person but IMHO I don't think he has what it takes to be an NFL QB. Two years from now he will probably be on a "Mission Trip" in South America.
    C. Cowherd on ESPN compared this to Geo. W who said all the things we wanted to hear Spoke at Christian colleges, claimed to be pro-life an wound all the clocks of christian conservatives and evangelicals this was why we were reluctant to admit or recognized his blunders and failures.

3. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

You have a lot of truth there, my friend. I want him to succeed because of his Christian witness in HS and college as well as a pro.
    But part of the problem is on a team that isn't winning the most popular qb is the one on the bench. Look at the Browns a few years a go and the Panthers last year.
    But I will say Tim is one of the most popular players to come into the NFL in a while, most of us would be happy if our sons acted as he does on or off the field.

4. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do people blast Tebow is beynod me! As they are looking for a scapegoat. He just needs experience. Give him time as well. He could be a really great QB if they just shut up and give him the chance to perform.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Who's blasting him? Should we overlook his mechanics, staring down his receivers and short hopping passes to wide open receivers just because he's a believer?

6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Most humans are tired of hearing about Tebow.

Myself included.

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I second this statement.

BREAKING NEWS: Carson Palmer and Kyle Boller just threw three INT's in practice thursday!?!?!?! LOL :laugh:

Palmer's came in the latter portion of practice, too.

J/K

8. mandym

mandym New Member

Aside from your complete exaggeration it might be helpful to stay away from threads about him if you are tired of hearing about him. Otherwise it just looks like you want to be petty.

9. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I second that motion and furthermore no scripture to back up his position.

10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tebow's quarterback ratings, last three games:

Number of sacks, last three games:

Number of fumbles, last three games:

He has completed just 46.1% of his passes this year.

11. mandym

mandym New Member

Go Tebow!:thumbs:

12. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

That poor kid. Those mules fans really want him to start? I know most Raiders, Chiefs, and Chargers fans want him to start. :thumbs:

13. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Considering the Viking's lousy secondary I sure hope he starts when the Vikings host the Broncos on December 4th.

14. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

After that abysmal performance against the Liedowns, I'm not sure that Tebow is going to last the season as the starter. He was 18-39 for 179 yards. Ouch. I have a friend who's a huge Donkeys fan, and he told me the local fanbase is criticizing John Fox for not continuing to run the college style offense for Tebow. The problem with that thinking is that college style offenses don't win in the NFL.

The QB of the future for the Donkeys isn't on their roster today. The Liedowns exposed Tebow pretty badly. Great person, great college QB, but he doesn't have the skillset to be a pro QB. The sooner the fanbase accepts that fact, the better off the team will be. Denver may not be bad enough to get Andrew Luck, but they're going to be bad enough to get a top 5 pick and draft Matt Barkley or Landry Jones.

15. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

People on here are wanting him to succede, and I can't blame them. A good CHRISTian, doesn't always equate to a good NFL QB. If he went on the mission field, he wouldn't have to travel nearly as far, as he does now behind that mediocre o-line in Denver. In either scenario, he ends up running for his life.

16. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I think it would be great if he was a good NFL QB, but, unfortunately, he just isn't.

I mentioned earlier today about the local fanbase complaining that Denver wasn't running a college style offense for him. I found a piece on the National Football Post that discusses this. It's not actually about Tebow, but the facts are still relevant.

From the article:

I was hoping somebody would mention this, because it's an argument that could be used as an excuse for Tebow, namely that the team that's around him isn't very good. And it's true that a 2-5 team isn't very good. They don't really do anything very well. But, a good QB makes the entire team better. Sadly, Tebow doesn't make the team better.

17. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

I was hoping somebody would mention this, because it's an argument that could be used as an excuse for Tebow, namely that the team that's around him isn't very good. And it's true that a 2-5 team isn't very good. They don't really do anything very well. But, a good QB makes the entire team better. Sadly, Tebow doesn't make the team better.[/QUOTE]

Consider Cam Newton, He set records for a rookie QB his first two games and Carolina is probably as bad as Denver.

18. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I agree with you but still hoping he will come around. It looks like a long shot. However I was a Brooklyn Dodger fan and we kept the faith, then they won the WS.

19. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

A QB can not make a team better when he is either A) on his back, or B) running for his life. Also, they traded their best receiver to the Rams, so that doesn't help him either. Look, I hope they keep him their starting QB for years to come, I am a Raiders fan, for 30+ years. They can use all the W's they can get.

20. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Your supposition seems to be that the Denver O-line is to blame, but the empirical evidence suggests otherwise. In 5 games, Kyle Orton was sacked 9 times, almost twice a game. In 2 games, Tebow was sacked 13 times, almost 7 times a game. The Denver O-line didn't go from being able to protect the QB to not protecting him in 1 game.

Further, if your supposition is that a good QB can't make a team better, how do you explain the 2011 Indianapolis Colts when compared to the 2010 Indianapolis Colts? A good QB makes the entire team better.