1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tebow our starter!!!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by dcorbett, Oct 11, 2011.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

What I said stands no matter who wins. Bronco fan is saying that they were going to play the Steelers tough and the point is that playing somebody tough in the playoffs doesn't matter. Winning is what matters. Playing the Patriots tough next week and losing, if that's what happens, won't matter.

The point about throwing the deep ball is well taken. As a passer, throwing the deep ball is the one thing that Tebow does well. On the 2 passes that got them into range and then the 1st TD, those passes were on the money. What amazes me the most about him is how he can look so terrible one game, then make some of the best passes you'll ever see the next. In a game that the Broncos had to have last week, they looked horrible in scoring just 3 point. After getting help from a bad Raiders team, they come out and score 29 against the #1 ranked defense. And after the 1st 2 series today when they went 3 and out, they looked pathetic. But, Tebow doesn't seem to let those kinds of things bother him.

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Though I am not a fan of Tebow(diehard Raiders fan who died hard last sunday), he sure has moxy!! He has a work ethic that any HC would love. Maybe, just maybe, he will make it. Time will tell....

3. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

a-hem......remember me? I was a Gator Tebow fan, and when my Broncos drafted him, I said GLORY HALLELUJAH!

Never say never when Tim Tebow is the quarterback.

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Oh, my mistake. Sorry about that. My condolences as well.

For being one of the harshest critics of Tebow on this board, I have to give him his props for yesterday's game. While I remain steadfast that a completion percentage of 45% isn't going to get the job done on a long-term basis, averaging 30 yards per completion will. During their winning streak, the Broncos won some of those games in spite of their QB. Not yesterday. The Broncos won that game because of their QB.

I'm a Bears fan, which means that I am well-acquainted with what bad QB play looks like. The Bills and Chiefs games were some of the worst QB play I've ever seen and for him to come out and do what he did against the best defense in the league was incredible.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have to say, I'm becoming a fan. Not so much of Tebow the qb but the new passing fb position he has created in football, reminiscent of the "half back" of old. He may be revolutionizing the position. You don't / can't run the option in pro football...yet he does and you cannot stop him. Great leader!

6. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I saw the first half, then had to head for church. Beloved wife stayed home. She lived in Denver for 15 years and still is a diehard Bronco fan.

On the way home from church, my phone rang. Game tied 20-20 gong to OT.
    I had it on the car radio and heard the winning TD call. Within seconds, the phone rings, and she's going crazy. I wish I had been there to watch her.

It would have been a hoot. She talks to the TV. Don't laugh, it listens.

7. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    316 yards passing on 10 completions....31.6 yards a play.

He might be unconventional, but he got the job done.

Love that boy and his testimony!!!

8. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Debbie, I saw a picture today that was interesting. The entire team was keeling and praying. Tim was just one of the guys.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hopefully he has a huge impact in the locker room similar to what Kitna had with the Lions some years back.

10. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In his book, he points to the fact that he believes God gave him his talent to be used as a ministry for the Lord.

I bet he spreads the Gospel in the locker room too.

11. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it's great that you like and admire his testimony. So do I. But that doesn't make him a good quarterback. I think some people give him credit at being a good quarterback because he's a good Christian. It doesn't necessarily follow.

12. mandym

mandym New Member

Oh? Well stop thinking it is driving you in the wrong direction. And every time someone praises his accomplishments you feel the need to come along and tear him down. You have to wonder what drives that. Is it that you, like some others, think that if you post something you have established some sort of truth? If people do think he is a good QB for the wrong reasons why do you feel the need to straighten that out? Why do you have to make an attempt to redirect people every time they praise him? You seem to have a real problem.

#72 mandym, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Mandym, he struggles to complete 50% of his passes, horrible for a qb but great for a rb. He also has a nice deep ball, but struggles with the anticipation routes. I played wr for years and I've seen my share of qb's like this. I think the Broncos have 3 rb's and Tebow is the best passer of them. Its like the Wing T option in college, which has never worked at this level, and still might not long term, but in the short term Tebow's leadership and grit have made it work. I'm a fan...but please drop the "he's a good qb". He's not.

14. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Webdog, to quote Mandym, "you have a real problem..."

15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The truth has been established. I'm merely reposting it. This is a debate board.

I'm a football fan. I guess it's a habit to correct wrong statements about something I have some knowledge. This is a debate board.

I don't redirect people every time they praise him, only if they say he's a good quarterback.

Then so do you.

16. mandym

mandym New Member

First I have never said he was. Second being a QB is more than passing and when you look at the big pic there is more here.

17. mandym

mandym New Member

No it hasn't

Your not debating your bullying

You quoted another poster who said nothing about his QB abilities and only talked about his testimony. Try a bit more honesty in the midst of your bullying.

I do. I have a problem with your mean spirited posting on this issue.

18. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  19. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ask Big Ben if Tebow is any good......:tongue3:

I rest my case....besides, Tebow himself says "win or lose, Lord, I want to give you the Glory"

20. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :saint:

This is the sports section of the FELLOWSHIP boards, this section in not in the DEBATE section.