1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tech Skills Survey

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Taerzik, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Taerzik

Taerzik New Member

I'm curious to as to who here on the BB has what technology oriented skills.

I'll give my post following this.

2. Taerzik

Taerzik New Member

My K.S.A.s:

1. Computer Repair/Troubleshooting - about ten years experience, not certified
    2. Web Development (programming)- XHTML, PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, Adobe Flash (ActionScript)
    3. Soldering - some experience
    4. Electronics Repair - some experience
    5. Machine Intelligence - still studying

Weak Points:
    Graphics - I can do color schemes and design but I'm not so hot at creating graphics
    Robotics - Interested but not a whole lot of experience

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I married my tech skill. :D

I can't even tell you all that he knows but he knows quite a bit. LOL

Wait - this is from his old web page for his consulting business (he's now a pastor though):

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

Depends on what you mean by technical. I operate Eddy Current and Ultrasonic Testing Machines for a living. I understand what I am doing, but I don't know a lot about other technologies.

I went to school to program and operate CMM machines as well.

5. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Made my living fixing tv/stereo/appliances etc. When the commodore computers came out I started fixing them now and then.

I'm not officially a computer tech but build one now and then and have fixed a number of them.

Computer repair is mostly diagnosis and changing parts. TV was getting that way toward the end as well. Before you had to troubleshoot down to component level. In computers at times you can't see the components :) they are sealed in solid material.

Have been troubleshooting software for years, since DOS days not that I know anything about it - you can learn on that stuff for years and never know much.