1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Teen Pregnancy In Your Area

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by FBCPastorsWife, Dec 14, 2005.

1. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

I just read an article on our local news station's website. It discusses the number of teenagers in the school system that are pregnant or have already had children. Some as young as 10 years old. I have so many emotions about this! I didn't even know what sex was when I was 10 years old! What is going on?

So after reading this article I was wondering if anyone could share some stats from other areas of the country or maybe any situations you have dealt with personally that involved teenage pregnancies.

READ THE STORY HERE

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

In my area, overall rates of teen pregnancy have been on a steady decline over the last several years. Plus, the average age that a person waits to have sex is going up, the number of people who wait until marriage is on the increase, and the number of teen marriages is on the decrease.

Granted, this hasn't happenned overnight, but it's a positive trend regardless.

3. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I do not know the teen pregnancy rate in my city. I haven't seen it published. I am not shocked at the high rate of teen pregnancies. Look at the way the media portrays sex to young people. Also look at the clothes that the stores and clothing companies have for girls and teens. Some of the low cut jeans are in Toddler sizes. They want to turn little girls into hookers or make them think that sex before marrige is okay or good. If a young person decides to wait, they are asked if they are normal. One of the cothing companies for teens has been accused of selling smutty catalogs. The teen pregnancy rate in the state I live in is high.
    Faithgirl46

4. mioque

mioque New Member

The teen pregnancy rate in the U.S. is supposedly the highest in the developed world.
    At least twice that of Canada, England, France, and Sweden, and 10 times that of the Netherlands.
    It's not so much that the youngsters around here behave better, but they do know how birthcontrol works.

5. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

The teen pregnancy rate is lowering in my area.