1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Teens are great

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by MagicDar, Jul 8, 2001.

1. MagicDar

MagicDar New Member

I am 26. My husband and myself have a ministry of christian illusion, we mainly focus on ministering to youth.

I would like to just say that teens are the greatest people on the planet. I love teen insight,the energy and creative ideas that spring up from them.

Just wanted to encourage ya'll... :D -dar

2. farmgal82

farmgal82 New Member

Hi, my name is Rachael, I'm 19y/o and live in Texas. Thanks for that encouragement note about teens. I read another of your messages in another post I think it as teens. I just moved here to Texas a couple weeks ago and go to a church here with my bf and his family but miss my one back home in Missouri. I look forward to getting together with other teens my age and doing things like bowling and put-put. Do you know of any churches that have youth groups like that in Houston area? If so please let me know. I feel that when I am with other growing christian teens it helps me to grow and really want to grow more spiritually. Without them I kinda feel what's the point. I know that sounds bad but that how I feel somtimes. Or even if not a church if you or someone else has christian teens that like to chat they can contact me. I have AIM my name is HlyLntrn on there on ICQ my # is 7427303. Again thanks for those encouraging words I have noticed teens are not as interested in going to church as we used to be :-( and that's not good. There are to many bad distractions out there that can get us in trouble.Well I guess that's all for now.

3. MagicDar

MagicDar New Member

farmgal, Since I live in Pa. I'm not sure whats available in your area :( I know exactly how you feel, when I was a teenager I was homeschooled and the church we went to had no teenagers, well they did but they didn't come on a regular basis so I was the only faithful teen and at that point I didn't want to be faithful but had to due to my parents. Although our salvation is not a "feeling" thing it does help alot to have peers around supporting, loving and encouraging you and that was something I desperately missed. When I was 17 years old a friend of mine killed herself and I had a very difficult time dealing with that. Also, the pastor of the church we were in didn't care a lick about teens and in fact the only time he spoke of teens in his sermons were to bad talk them and since I was the only teenager I felt like he was preaching directly at me...tells ya what he thought of me eh? Anyway, my point is this....I get where your at and I just want to encourage you in your walk with Jesus. In the meantime I will personally be praying for you that God will put some great christian friends in your life to encourage and uplift you...hey God knows your heart's desire and he cares about it especially when it's pure <wink>.

Here's an idea for you....find the local christian radio station on your dial and find Dawson McCalister Live on Sunday nights at (depending on air time and where your at) 8:00 and some places he's on Saturday nights too but you might want to tune in Sundays as well. Take care and God Bless...btw feel free to email me anytime!!!

:D -dar

4. farmgal82

farmgal82 New Member

Hi MagicDar, Thanks for replying to my message. I've seen you on AIM a couple times and messaged you but no answer oh well. My nick is HlyLntrn on there. I was homeschooled for my last 6 years. I"m sorry that you were treated like that. I've noticed some adults these days see the teens who are doing wrong things and think all teens are like that and it's not true or fair for the ones who are good. I had a great family church back home at the church Eastside Baptist Church in Independence, Missouri. It's like you walk in and can feel the love of God there in the people. The church I go to now has the same feeling just with less people. The youth is small and so it's just not the same as I was used to. I listen to KBSJ on the radio it's a christian station I like alot. They're website is www.ksbj.com another one is www.air1.com they are just online though for when you want to listen to christian music online. Thanks for your encouragement and prayers:)
    Oh Also I'm trying to find christian homes for exchange students you may have seen my messages in other boards. It's a great oppurtunity to show the love of God to teens in other countries and teach them of our lives here in the U.S. if you or anyone you know would like be be a family for one please let me know. Or if you have questions about it. Well talk to you later.
    -rach