1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Telegony - What a mess - is it true???

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by mes228, Jul 9, 2007.

1. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

In addition to what Baptist Believer said about separate bloodstreams, there is also the low transmission rate of the virus from mother to child (anywhere from 15 to 30 percent of babies actually become infected during pregnancy or labor and delivery), new medications that an HIV positive mother can take and better delivery techniques that lower the rate of infection in newborns. It's quite amazing. (link: http://www.avert.org/motherchild.htm )

Telegony, btw, is nonsense as Scarlett has explained.

2. mes228

mes228 New Member

Telegony

Eureka!!!! I found it!! Here's the article link that started this topic. Look at the article about 1/3 way down the page:

http;//tcrnews2.com/genbioethics2.html

This is the science part that I found interesting. I am not Catholic nor Orthodox Christian. Read it and tell me what you think. Seems pretty close to Telegony to me.
    Hope some one somewhere is still researching this aspect. Have a great day.

3. mes228

mes228 New Member

Telegony

The article linked above (about 1/3 way down the page) is entitled " Mothers May Inherit Some Characteristics Of Child They Carry". Can anyone here refute this claim or shed more light on it? I'd like to see some more recent research on this subject.

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

While you are researching that, research why the earth is really flat and how dogs and cats can crossbreed, along with other ridiculous ideas.

5. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

If you graft a Pine tree with an Apple tree do you get a Pineapple?:laugh: ;)

6. npetreley

npetreley New Member

No, but if you cross a lawyer with the godfather, you get an offer you can't understand.

7. mes228

mes228 New Member

Telegony

Mag netic Poles, you may be right. However I'd prefer something more than Googled opinions as raceism tainted the entire concept. Then Hitler added his two cents which has made the concept poison and totally unacceptable to even broach. It may well be false, however I'd be interested in seeing what research that is current. You are way too confident for me to accept your opinion. The Orthodox Christian Church and the Catholic Church are not my religion but I don't feel they should be dismissed out of hand. Why are you so confident? I'm Baptist but we are so wrong on a few beliefs
    many deride us. Just curious, is it a threat to you? I have a second wife and a Son with her, also a Stepson. Truth is what it is, if Telegony happened to be partially true
    whether I wanted it to not be so, would not alter it.

8. Magnetic Poles

Mes, I have not Googled any opinions, just told you what I know. Each person has unique DNA, and sex doesn't alter it at all. What if it's true? What if monkeys grow feathers?

9. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That should tell you something, right there. The amount of racists blogs and websites defending this discredited notion is astounding. And the ones that I read could not cite one piece of evidence that was not hearsay, let alone any medical or scientific research.

These sites keep referring to some mysterious white woman that they "heard" of who married a white man after having sex with a black man and whose offspring had some African traits. What does that mean....African traits.

Let's say that is true. Who is to say that she didn't have an affair? Who is to say that one of his or her parents wasn't black. Or grandparents. Or great-parents.

Who is to say that either this woman or her husband had immediate ancestors that they did not KNOW were black? Maybe it was a family secret and they did not KNOW one of their parents or grandparents were black.

Who is to say that this mythical woman that the sites keep referring to as someone they "heard" of even exists at all?

There is no current research because this idea was discredited over a century ago after scientific study with zebras, horses, rabbits, guina pigs, mice, and flies.

The scientific study was conducted based on two things. Lord Morton's claim that he had two white horses that mated and the offspring wasn't pure white like the adults.

And a rumor that was never investigated that a someone "heard" about a farmer who mated two pigs and the offspring was the color of a different pig.

In both cases, the recessive traits for color carried by the parents from their parents and grandparents was not understood at that time nor taken into account.

Now that we have a full understanding of this and have had for a century, there is no need for research into telegony. And if you can find any current research, I'll read it. I can't find any at all and I have wasted a good three hours of my morning when I should have been doing my daily bible reading and morning chores looking for it.

The article that you quoted and that I read had absolutely nothing to do with telegony, DNA, altered DNA, or even genetics.

That article was about discovering how the mother's body doesn't reject the embryo as a foreign organism.

The article was about how stem cells from the embryo travel to the mother's brain and send signals to her brain about its existence in her body.

That's all the article was about.

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

How true:laugh:

Sounds like an excuse a "Jerry Springer" guest would use...

"But honey! I never left the double wide to have an affair!

It must be TELEGONY!"

11. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

Scarlett, you should be an educator in a Christian school. I'm guessing your IQ is about 130. Add that to clear biblical understanding and imparting, and its a winning combination for our youth.

12. mes228

mes228 New Member

Telegony

Scarlett, Did you read the first sentence of the article I sited?? It's neither here nor there with me, just interesting. As for research being conducted, it's pretty obvious that it wouldn't be popular if the results led down the wrong path. So I wouldn't look for a lot of research being published. Because racist and evil men used the "concept" to work toward their own ends of racial segregation wouldn't make the truth different - if it was true. Personally, after hearing a Professor from Wake Forest (Baptist affiliated) state in a lecture that only 1 out of 10 children being born in the USA is white (9 out of 10 are Asian, Black, Hispanic). I'd like to see more children of any parentage being born to white families. By the way, I did not believe that statement so I checked and it's virtually true. In 15 years or so the USA we know will be forever more, absolutely totally, changed. So I guess telegony is a moot topic anyway. After hearing that, I understood why Spanish etc. is so prevalent ie "push one for English" on telephone trees. I'm in California/Nevada for several weeks as I type this and it's incredible the change in my last visit 10 years ago. It also saddens me that for the last 60 years womens "freedom" has decimated large families. Collectively we've sown the wind and we are about to reap the whirlwind. Man, this is too negative to dwell on! Cheers, and have a great day.

13. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The same to you, brother. :thumbs:

Blessings to you and your family.

14. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    DQuixote - When I start my campaign for the state senate within the next decade, I'll call you as my campaign chairman! :laugh:

130 IQ? Thanks for the kind words, but I SERIOUSLY doubt it. :saint:

And I just might be at a Christian school next year!! Ha! I retired two years ago at age 43 and have other plans (still involving education) in the works for my not too distant life.

But in the mean time, I have been taking people's long-term emergency leave and/or maternity leave in both the public and private school.

I have a job offer for next year for a fulltime 4th grade at a local Christian school, but they want a commitment from me that I can stay long-term. I told them that I couldn't guarantee more than a year at a time, so they are trying to decide what to do. They have a large teacher turn-over every year at this school, but they just got accredited and are trying to create some faculty stability.

I wish I could help them, but I can't guarantee a long-term stay. They will decide next week. I'm fine with it either way.

Anyway....you are too kind and check your own IQ......you might be surprised! :applause:

130?!? :tonofbricks: I've always figured about 105-110.

#34 Scarlett O., Jul 14, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  15. Magnetic Poles

Not so subtle racism raises its ugly head once again.

16. mes228

mes228 New Member

Telegony

Magnetic Poles, I assume you were calling me a racist. I probably am to some degree. You are too, and I believe most all human beings are. I think the many that teach classes on racism would agree with that statement. I do diligently try to not be overt, and think conciously in dealing with other races/cultures and try to be "godly and fair". I absolutely love the diversity God has put into mankind (and dogs for that matter - I love bird dogs and hunt over an English pointer) and those cultures I've worked with. However, I do believe some cultures, in some aspects, are not the enviroment I'd like to see my children grow into. Nor the USA to embrace by sheer numbers. Just to illustrate the point by making it ignorantly large. If the Aztecs were still offering human sacrifices and I had the ability, I wouldn't wish my children reared in it. Fact is I wouldn't want my children reared in Iraq, or Iran nor any Muslim country. So I guess I am a cultural racist. The 1 out of 10 statement was made not by me, but by a Baptist Professor teaching at Wake Forest University. Doing a guest appearance on a radio station in Richmond Virginia. I suspect many thousands heard it, the same as I. Is he a racist also?? Your statement might be helpful in addressing your darker side, truthfully in prayer. It implied you were above racism. That's laughable, and if you really believe your not, your blind. Racism is a matter of degrees. I don't burn crosses, nor wear white sheets, nor follow the Aryan brotherhood and detest those that do. This topic on Telegony was started because a "Baptist" (I think ) has some quite different teachings on angels inter-breeding with women etc.etc.

17. Magnetic Poles

^ This is your brain on drugs. Any questions?

18. mes228

mes228 New Member

Telegony

If you sincerely repent and ask, God can forgive sin. If you make snide, self rightous comments there may be room for a little repentance. What do you think? I bet you think your right don't you? Best regards and have a great day. See you in the prayer closet (I hope).