1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tell me about Hell

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jack Lavictoire, Jul 3, 2006.

1. UberSmith

UberSmith New Member

2. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

If the idea of an eternal hell is not biblical then all biblical references to it would also be non-biblical. This doesn't make sense to me. If the bible was changed then we cannot trust anything at all.

3. UberSmith

UberSmith New Member

Biblical References

Maybe the issue is not the biblical references but the way the word is translated or used? I would'nt go so far as to say that the Bible is untrustworthy, but I would go as far as to say that the possibility exists that our understanding is faulty at times.

4. Inquiring Mind

Inquiring Mind New Member

The SDA is considered a cult as well by most mainstream christians.

5. Inquiring Mind

6. Inquiring Mind

SDAs fail to read the second death in context with the rest of the bible. It's funny they try to force the most literal interpretation from a book that is wholy symbolic in nature but when it comes to other scriptures that are not symbolic but literal, they just twist it to no end.

7. UberSmith

UberSmith New Member

Universalist.....So what?

If the argument is profered by a Universalist, it doesn't damage the argument ---- guilt by association is a common falacy, poisoning the well, if you will. Weigh the argument by its merits, not by who makes the argument.