1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tell me something God did not do or allow.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by J.D., Apr 4, 2006.

1. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think you should start a new thread with your question. Maybe shorten it to "What is love?"

Seriously, I would like to see the responses.

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I think I did hear about a man who sought to have his 'marriage' annulled, though.
    >
    >
    Man to the judge. "Your honor, this marriage should be annulled.

Judge: "On what grounds are you making this request of The Court?"

Man: "This mariage was under duress and it was also illegal!"

Judge: "And exactly how was it 'illegal'?"

Man: "The shotgun wasn't registered!"

Ed

3. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

4. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Mt 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Scripture says God's isn't willing for "ANY" to perish, yet it also says "MANY" do perish,

If it isn't God's will, it certainly wasn't "his plan".

Typicial of a "Calvinist", you see it backwards, God didn't fail, Man failed, God provided a way/means for "ALL" to be saved, and with the exception of man's failure, "ALL" would be saved.

Folks who say we don't have the "free will" to believe whatever we chose, need to take a look at the world around them, God's not responsible for the "unbelief" creating all the chaos.

5. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Mt 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

That Holy Ghost send to "lead/guide" will soon bears witness to every word spoken, if it was through the spirit or a way that seemeth right to man.

Even after being saved, a person is still free to believe "whatever", but they are still accountable for it.

6. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

I'm not the one looking for answers, I have them.

What difference does it make to you/me/anyone what the scripture teach, pre trib, mid trib, post trib, mill/amill, Calvin/Arminian, we can't change one iota, the only options we have to allow the spirit to teach us the "TRUTH", a truth that give answers and recognizes "Errors".

7. Calvibaptist

Calvibaptist New Member

You're the one who asked the original question. If your not looking for answers, don't ask the question!

That is a very adolescent view. It is very important that we believe the truth. No, we can't change the truth, but if we are in error, then we need to study and change our belief.

8. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

I'm asking you to answer the question, closing your eyes and hoping it goes away because you don't like what the answer may be won't work.

That is a very adolescent view.

Mt 18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

You don't get very far picking/chosing the scripture you "like" to believe and "ignore" the rest, you have to accept it even if you don't understand it at the time, later you will.

And you won't find the "TRUTH" in any of these books written "ABOUT" the Bible, the Spirit doesn't teach from those books.

9. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Sin.

10. Calvibaptist

Calvibaptist New Member

OK, ME4, I'll bite...

1) God doesn't tell us why He does everything He does. In those areas, I will always revert to His over-arching purpose for everything He does - for His name's sake (for His glory).

2) God doesn't tell us why He didn't create a perfect world to begin with. The only reason I can imagine is that to truly appreciate the light you have to know what darkness is. For us to truly appreciate the perfection of eternity with Him, He brought us through an imperfect existence on earth.

3) You don't have an answer for your own question, so this is a stupid exercise.

1. God doesn't tell us why, so I will revert to His ultimate reason for doing anything - His glory.

2. For their to be mercy on some, there must also be justice on the rest.

3. You don't have an answer to your own question, so this is a stupid exercise.

11. Calvibaptist

Calvibaptist New Member

Sin. </font>[/QUOTE]Jack, are you suggesting that God didn't allow sin? Is it something that caught Him by surprise? Was God galavanting around the universe one day and, suddenly, to His amazement, found out that Adam and Eve blew it?

12. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I think God allowed sin because He is glorified in our weakness. Sin caused man to need salvation and it could only be through God's grace.

This is just my own opinion - we can't really know why God allowed Adam and Eve to sin -- but He knew they would.

At the same time, I would clarify that even though God is glorified through the sin in the Garden, it was not a good thing. God can turn what is meant for evil into good but that does not make the evil act okay (I say this because in Mormon theology they make the Fall sound like it was a good thing).

13. Calvibaptist

Calvibaptist New Member

Sigh... THIS PASSAGE DOES NOT MEAN THAT WE ARE TO BE STUPID!!!! I has nothing to do with intellectual levels or amount of understanding. It says "whoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child." It is talking about attitude, not knowledge.

So, how come you are allowed to ignore all the Scripture about God's sovereignty?

Then why should I read your posts? The last time I checked, God uses men to equip the saints. If we don't find any truth in books written about the Bible, do we find truth in sermons? Why would God give us pastors and teachers if the Spirit ONLY teaches from the Word?

14. Calvibaptist

Calvibaptist New Member

I agree with you 100%. (Don't let that scare you!) Sin is definitely NOT good, even though God allowed it.

15. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Sin. </font>[/QUOTE]Jack, are you suggesting that God didn't allow sin? Is it something that caught Him by surprise? Was God galavanting around the universe one day and, suddenly, to His amazement, found out that Adam and Eve blew it? </font>[/QUOTE]So then, you are now arguing that God allows sin in order for your Calvinist model to stand. Good grief.
    :(

16. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Here is a list of the actual answers to the OP question I've seen in this thread:

Bluefalcon said
    JackRUS said
    1. "Rock bigger than he could lift" is not a valid response because the question was can you name anything that HAS HAPPENED or WILL HAPPEN that God either did not do or allow.*

2. "He didn't allow a sinner to be born more sinful than he could save" - clever, but the same as above applies. I said anything that HAS HAPPENED OR WILL HAPPEN. This has never happened nor will it ever happen. There have been people born that He DID NOT save, but there is no one ever born that he CAN NOT save because they are TOO SINFUL.

3. "Sin." Hopefully, JackRuS was confused about the question, for surely he does not believe that sin entered into the world without God allowing it to enter. I think he's confusing "allow" with "approve". If I say that my boss allowed me to take a day off from work, that means he approved of it. But when I say that God allowed sin, it doesn't mean he approved of it, he simply permitted it to happen for His own purposes.

So all of the answers that implied that there is something that happened that God did not do or allow are refuted.

The obvious conclusion is inexorable, brutal, and tortuous to the human mind - God has infallibly executed his plan, and the Bible is true:

Isaiah 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else; [I am] God, and [there is] none like me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Eph 1:11 "...being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: "

Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable [are] his judgments, and his ways past finding out! 34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? 35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? 36 For of him, and through him, and to him, [are] all things: to whom [be] glory for ever. Amen.
    Soli Deo Gloria

J.D.
    God's Puppet/Robot

17. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

Sorry. I didn't understand the question. Okay, the only thing that has happened that God did not do or allow is .............

BE.

He always has been, and did not need to do or allow anything always to have been, always to have existed.

18. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

Actually my answer is disqualified because it doesn't properly fall under something that "has happened", so, the answer is......

NOTHING.

Now what was the point of the question again?

19. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Well I thought the point was made plain. The point is that GOD IS SOVEREIGN.

J.D.
    God's Puppet/Robot

20. Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon Member

Everyone here believes that, or else they would be heretics. So why ask such a question? That's purposeless.