1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ten Commandments Pre cross - Questions

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Try as you may, this is simply not the case. It would be the case IF you consistently walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit. Too often believers yield to the flesh and walk after it. If one believes there is no condemnation just on the account that you have at one time given your life to the Lord, such a one is either deceived or about to get an eye opener. When we sin as believers, condemnation in act does set in. It is called conviction. You can quote all the scripture you so desire, but the condemnation and conviction will not leave you until either you get your heart right again with God or find that you have quenched the Spirit to the point that He no longer strives with your heart.

When we are walking in the light as He is in the light, there is no condemnation and we are dead to the law. Just as when one is abiding by all the laws of the road, we do not have to worry about getting a ticket, for we are in compliance to the law therefore we are not subject to its penalties. Just the same, when we violate the law, regardless of our past, we come back under the condemnation of the law and must fulfill the conditions of repentance and faith, doing our first works over again in order to enter once again to a right relationship with God and a sure hope of eternal life. God has not so designed our assurance of eternal salvation so as to grant us full assurance of our final standing before Him while we are holding a conscience that is not void of offense.

Listen carefully to these Scriptural passages. Eze 3:20 Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
    Eze 18:24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Shiloh, pick out the verse you feel best describes the relationship that exists between God and ourselves shown to be of the same nature as the relationship of necessity that exists between parent and child. It does little good to just list a bunch of passages with no explanations. I could not find one in your whole list that did any such thing. Prove me wrong.

3. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

What's the use to try to explain something to a person with a closed mind?

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Not my rules, they are the Lord's, but I do play by them. It is sad that you don't. Do you want me to say that Christians are adulterers.

The scripture below completely destroys your entire theology and its the scriptures and not your words, along with DHK, ED, steaver and maybe grahame, not sure what he said.

1 Cor 6
    9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
    10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
    11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

#324 Brother Bob, Jan 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2007
  5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You forgot about this verse Bob:

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Your self-proclaimed self-righteousness is as filthy rags to God. That second class of sins you refer to, "our righteousnesses" is as filthy rags before God. God doesn't accept filthy rags into heaven.

Having said that Bob, I have to close this thread because of its length.
    Please feel free to start another.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.