1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ten Commandments Pre cross - Questions

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Yes, agree with you grahame and thanks for the reply. Again, I think to look at a woman and see that she is pretty or a woman looking at a man is not lust. I look as some and thing they are ugly and that is not unlust. We do have the ability to "move on". If a man stops and looks and lust to have her, it is adultery for sure. Because of our nature on this, it probably is very hard for some, but they can do it if they love the Lord enough.

Also, I think it is impossible to keep the two without keeping the Ten.

2 Peter;
    13: And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;
    14: Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
    15: Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness

If I was in this kind of condition then I certainly would be breaking the Commandments and sinning unto death.

#81 Brother Bob, Jan 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2007
  2. grahame

grahame New Member

Claudia. Just read your own signature. If you believe that, then we are both agreed.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You remind of the Catholics (I grew up as one). You take those sins which you arbitrarily deem as serious enough to be "a sin unto death" and put them into the same bag that the Catholic calls mortal sins. They are the sins that can send you to Hell. Those other "lesser sins," that the Catholcs call venial sins aren't as bad as the mortal sins but if unconfessed they will keep you out of heaven. Catholics say they will send you to Purgatory. Bob is more severe than that. They can even send you to Hell. Thus the blood of Christ is not sufficient enough to cover all our sins. Christ failed at the cross. He failed to atone for all our sins. Bob says that he must atone for that last sin himself. He must have it confessed himself. It isn't enough that Jesus atoned for it. Bob must make sure that it is confessed or Jesus failed.
    That theology borders on blasphemy if it isn't. It does spite to the blood of Christ and his atoning work on the cross.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I guess if I wanted to make a way in case I messed up and was on my neighbor's wife when I died as you said and still be saved, I would say the same thing as you do DHK. It just that I do not believe you can be on your neighbors wife when you die and go to Heaven and sing with the angels. I believe that to be false teachings and just what the devil loves to hear. IMO, you would be better off following the Catholics belief than what you put out.

#84 Brother Bob, Jan 23, 2007
  5. grahame

grahame New Member

These words I find very searching
    (Matt 5:19-20)

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Then had David died before Nathan came to him, would he have gone to heaven or hell?
    Remember he was called a "man after God's own heart" by God himself.

7. grahame

grahame New Member

That reminds me of this verse in James' epistle

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

David was among those worshiping God in the flesh. Now God seeks such to worship him in Spirit and in truth. Jesus took it out of the flesh and put it in the heart, so if you find yourself having to run back to the OT always to support your theology, you need to rethink what you believe.

Bob will speak for himself and I say if your sins have been atoned for you won't be on your neighbor's wife when you die, for you are kept by the power of God.

#88 Brother Bob, Jan 23, 2007
  9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Nevertheless David makes a good example. As for being from the OT, we use Abraham as an example of faith more than any other person.
    When David repented he prayed to the Lord "restore unto me the joy of my salvation, not my salvation. Even in the OT, David was assured of his salvation. It was his fellowship with God that had been lost; his joy; when he repented that was restored. His salvation he never doubted. The same is true today.
    Paul uses David as an example:

Romans 4:6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

David was saved without works, and without continuing in works. He was saved by believing in Jehovah by faith and faith alone--the same way we are.

10. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Sounds good to me, Brother Bob. But I do have one question. Aside from "Now God seeks such to worship him (sic) in Spirit and in truth.", can you show one verse of Scripture to back any of the rest of this post?

What 'Bob says' doesn't rise to the level I'm looking for. And FTR, David's statement about having righteousness imputed, and that about Abraham and righteousness was lifted directly from the OT by none other than Paul. Being as I'm such a nice guy, I'll help by actually citing the passage.
    Ed

#90 EdSutton, Jan 23, 2007
  11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I find it very very hard to us examples of how they walked under the OT, when they had their concubines and such. To be truthful, I really have never been able to figure out why Israel was God's chosen people, when they were so disobeident, but who am I. Anyway, David did pay for what he did, he lost his son. That in no way justifys dying on your neighbor's wife.

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Do you and DHK use the same computer Ed? You always show up in pairs.
    I in no way question what God did for David or Abraham. I do know that God said now he seeks such to worship him in Spirit and in truth. Not to offer up our sons as both of them were asked to do or did.

Has God ever taken your child in death over something you did?

Has God ever asked you to offer up your son as a sacrifice.

Is that what you want?

This thread is about the Ten Commandments, of which one of them is "thou shalt not commit adultery". Ed and DHK both have given me and this board their veiws on dying while in the very act of adultery that you would in no way lose your salvation and would go to Heaven and sing with the angels. Well, how you jumped back to the faith of Abraham I don't know. If you want to start a thread on faith and works it probably would be a good one but that in now way justifys adultery.

#92 Brother Bob, Jan 23, 2007
  13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Bob,
    I am not using "OT" examples, as both Abraham and David are used by Paul in the book of Romans. If you accuse me of this allegation then whenever someone brings up the subject of "works" and James 2, I will request them not to use James 2, but rather to relegate it to the OT, because it speaks of Abraham and Rahab. Does this make sense to you?

14. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I have no problem with it DHK;
    Of course they were our examples in certain things. We are just under a different system of being saved than they were. In their time they stoned adulterers to death, it was an eye for and eye. This thread is about the Ten Commandments and not about faith and works. If you want to start a thread on faith and works I be glad to participate.

I just got Office 2007 so I be down for a few.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What is this thread supposed to be about Bob?
    Go and read the OP. It is not faith and works.

That quote was from you. My challenge was for you to demonstrate the veracity of your statement or retract it.
    Jesus came preaching the gospel, not the Ten Commandments.
    Why in all these pages have you not addressed the OP

16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

What is your problem DHK;
    I have posted and others have posted of Jesus preaching the Ten Commandments. It is you who are afraid of them, not Jesus, not Paul and not me and many others on this board. You are the one along with a couple more. So, I will not be retracting anything. I would think you would want to retract where you said a man could be on his neighbor's wife when he died and still go to Heaven. I think that is false doctrine. IMO

17. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    well - first of all let me just say what a great thing it is to read this from someone who complains about any doctrine that relies upon the "ALL SCRIPTURE" of 2tim 3:16 which would dare to include the OT itself!!

I am all for this "new DHK" -- I like his acceptance of the "ALL Scripture" mentioned by Paul - much better.

18. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually 1John 2:4-7 says that anyone doing such a thing is guilty of breaking one of the Ten Commandments - the commandment against lying.

In Christ,

Bob

19. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Excellent point. In John 1 Christ is the "WORD That became flesh"
    In Rev 19 John STILL sees Christ as "THE WORD" coming in flames of fire.

In Heb 8 and 10 we find that the New Covenenat spoken of by Jeremiah includes the promise of "God's LAW written on the human heart" rather than rebellion against God being there or "no Ten Commandments" included there.

In fact in 2Cor 3 we see that this LAW that is writtenn on the heart is "written on the TABLETS of the human heart rather than TABLETS of stone".

SAME law - but written in a DIFFERENT place -- INTERNAL and not merely EXTERNAL.

In Christ,

Bob

20. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Preach IT!

As Christ said "DO NOT think that I have come to ABOLISH God's LAW" Matt 5:17

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.