1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tensing testifies that Plame not covert.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

I don't understand how Toensing can be viewed as an authority on whether or not Plame was covert or not. Toensing is just a Lawyer with an opinion, she is not employed by the CIA so therefore she would not be privileged to sensitive information regarding status of those who do do. I have no beef with Toensing I just think she is irrelevant in this matter.

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Toensing's credibility comes from her writing the law (and therefore knowing what it says and what its intent was) and from her practice in this area.

Toensing's main point, it seemed to me, was that Plame could not be covert because the CIA did not take affirmative steps to hide her identity which they were required to do if she was in fact covert.

3. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Well either you know better than the congressional investigation or they know better than you because they had Toensing testify because she wrote the law. But of course if you need Plame to be right then Toensing needs to be seenas irrelevent.

4. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Lying to the FBI and the Grand Jury are both illegal. Libby should get a few years in prison to contemplate what he did, but I bet this administration bails him out. After all, he was their fall guy.

5. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Toensing wrote a law and that is all ,she gave her opinion and that is all,Toensing however is not employed by the CIA and has no knowledge of Plames duties.
    Now how hard can that be?
    Toensing seems to be pretty irrelevent to me, after all she is just a Lawyer.

6. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Yea I understand she is irrelevent to you. But is she irrelevent to this issue? Is she irrelevent to the decision makers? It doesnt appear so.

7. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In her own testimony, Plame says she didn't know she was covert at the time of the leak, she didn't realize it at that time.

Shesaid she did go overseas on secret missions within the past five or six or whatever years that would have qualified her as a covert agent.

If she didn't even know, how would they?

8. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Well nothing is as it appears to be Tim. The entire hearing was a total waste and was nothing more than a sideshow to entertain the general public with all the actors hamming it up to get special notice. On a side note, Rush Limbaugh thinks that Valarie Plame is a Babe, so I quess there was some relevancy to this freak show after all .

#68 Petra-O IX, Mar 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2007