1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tent Cities, USA

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by windcatcher, Apr 9, 2008.

1. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Not much news about this:
    California
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7297093.stm

http://earthhopenetwork.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=467

With the rise in foreclosures, people loosing jobs, our money going south while cost of living is going north..... I imagine many will be reaching out to the churches to help with food, clothing, shelter. It's not 'do we owe"them" but are we prepared for ministries of assistance to those in our midst and those who have needs in our communities?

I believe Biblically, that is the order of priority, 'if ye have love one to another', and also concern carrys over to those in our community who have unmet needs.

I'm thinking, I have a full bath... just a single... and a spare room and full pantry. If I'd get off my haunches and this computer and start organizing, I might have something to offer if others have need. My clothes closet is already undergoing a reduction....but the local helping hands closet gets only those in good repair and without stains. I've started calling family/neighbors before going to town.... as its 10+ miles each way... to see if they need an item or a lift.

I think we're heading for difficult times, and many are going to depend on government to bail them out... and government is neither capable nor willing... Its apparent, they are interested in protecting the businesses they 'deregulated' to allow the credit crisis, 'to save face' on the international scene... but we must take care of ourselves. We can do it, with Gods help....the question is will we?

#1 windcatcher, Apr 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2008