1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Terror Plot Reaches my Community, and...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Nov 22, 2012.

?
  1. Always stay frosty [viligant]...

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. To worry shows lack of faith in God...

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. To worry shows lack of faith in the government to protect us...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No opinion...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Concern over homeland terrorism is ridiculou and unnecessary...

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Concern about terrorism here in America promotes stereotypes and prejudice/bias towards Muslims....

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. My opinions are noted in the comment section...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...several other communities that I know quite well. The kid from Riverside lived and socialized in places that I am regularly frequent. Who knows, I may have even brushed against his shoulder in a crowded store, or sat next to him and his terror plotting friends at a restaurant? For sure, I may have been sitting in a car at a stop light with the four of them in the car right in front of me.

This is concerning in many ways. While we never know what or where terrorists live or frequent, to have it happen so close to communities that I, personal speaking, did business in and visited regularly, such as Upland, and Pomona and my home town, Riverside, CA.

And while I know that terrorists can come from any fanatical group, even Christians, the fact that we are at war with radical Muslims, makes the presence of Mosques and habooka bars in my community even more suspicious with the latest breaking news.

I took a deep breath when the news said they wanted to do their damage in another land, so far, far away. However, if these guys exist, there are terror cells, and who knows, maybe those young guys lurking in the shadows of the home just two doors down from me, are not drug dealers, but rather terrorists waiting to pounce and complete their personal Jihad's right here in the good ol' USA?

http://www.pe.com/local-news/san-be...sm-arrests-mosque-members-neighbors-react.ece

2. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

There is a distinct difference between being alert and vigilant compared to be trapped by worry and anxiety. As always, the issue is the heart.

We can, and should, fully trust God and remain on station, wisely aware of the risks in a fallen world. I am reminded of the godly response to the dangers faced by the Israelites while rebuilding the wall around Jerusalem.

1Co 16:13 Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. (NASB)