1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Terror Storm!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Jul 4, 2006.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#1 poncho, Jul 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2006
  2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Does it deserve comment? I notice that you did not give it credence with a comment.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Why don't you watch it and see if it deserves comment for yourself? You don't need any coaching from me to make up your own mind do you?

#3 poncho, Jul 4, 2006
  4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Not at all, I was just wondering why youdid not comment?

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

And I would rather not download spy ware just to watch a video.

6. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I wish I could believe that the government had only our best interests in mind, but I think there are a lot of questions that need to be answered. The founding fathers understood the dangers of governments having too much power and they limited those powers on purpose. Now we are being told that because of this threat of 'Global Terrorism', we need to remove the limits of power to allow the government free reign to fight it's War on Terror. I would rather take my chances with the global terrorists.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I was more interested in what others might think about it. And, I didn't want to spoil the plot for those that wish to watch it. I was being polite, or at least I was trying to be. :smilewinkgrin:

#7 poncho, Jul 4, 2006
  8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

So what does the video allege that would be worth my installing tracking software on my computer?

;)

nothing personal, but Google has gone on the record stating that they would conduct electronic analysis of our data . . . they are honest.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

OIC, you are afraid that watching a video on the world wide web might make you a person of interest. :laugh:

No guts no glory brother. :wavey:

10. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

without watching it: If you only knew what was really going on.

11. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

You ask people to watch a video that HAS BEEN ENCRYPTED and can only be decrypted with a proprietary software from a company that admited electronically 'analyzing' users that used their software . . . I got guts. I am a little crazy, but I am not . . . going to take uncecessary risks just to watch a video.

;)

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

"But if you aren't doing anything wrong you have nothing to fear". At least that's the story I get whenever I bring up domestic spying and the fourth amendment here on BB. Don't worry if they break down your door just don't refer to the U.S. Constitution, if you do it could be taken as an indicator that you may be a terror suspect. You don't wear Levis and have a cell phone do you? How about a video camera, road atlas, or copy of the Bill Of Rights lying around? They can also be indicators that could make you a person of interest or a terror suspect.

#12 poncho, Jul 4, 2006
  13. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Poncho

Having served under the Law of the Land, I know that it is more difficult for a law enforcement officer, or inteligence agent, to surveil the population than it is for a company that could profit from the data.

Having had phone calls intercepted from THREE DIFFERENT phones in THREE distinct locations in TWO cities when calling a major credit card company - I know the enemy of the state is at work. Even if you do not believe that I know that I have been surveilled, intercepted, hacked, but not cracked [that I am aware of] - I have been through enough - without giving google another opportunity to get my electronic signature for permission to data mine me.

Just to watch your video?

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Poncho

That's true, police officers must show probable cause (at least they used too) to get a search warrant regardless of what Michael Hayden says. On the other hand as an example with the "public private partnership" between the NSA and AT&T (and others?). The private partner in this case AT&T can get all the information they want in order to provide you with a service as per "the agreement" then turn around and give it to the public partner in this case the NSA or any other governmental agency thereby going around the fourth amendment. That's fascism in action of course, but hey this is America the land of the licensed and home of the intimidated. If the "authorities" or "officials" call it freedom and paint it red white and blue then it isn't fascism at all it's really liberty or democracy or whatever and people just go along not seeing or knowing the difference in most cases.

Why would I not believe you?

So you'll let them set limits on what you dare and dare not do legally like watching a video? Is that what we're to call freedom now?

I understand not wanting to be ripped off don't get me wrong. I also understand that the "companies" are much more liable to cause your identity to be stolen than say some lone hacker in a dark room like they (the "compmanies") advertize (propagandize) 24/7.

#14 poncho, Jul 4, 2006