1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Terrorism Deaths Quadruple Under Obama

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First of all post # three is not the op it is Carpro's view of how Obama handles terrorists. Second, What I said is not related to post # 3 at all. There is a distinct difference between the cause of terrorism and addressing the problem.

My original post in this thread was a response to someone else who tried to mistakenly say that terrorism is caused by economics. I disagree with that causation of terrorism.

The op, however, addresses the failure to deal with terrorism properly. It does not address the cause of terrorism.

Not sure why I need to explain this.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It doesn't explicitly. But this is an excellent example of innuendo. Terrorism has increased under Obama. Obama is compared to Bush and found to have a worse record. Therefore, the implication is that it is Obama's fault.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo using Tapatalk.

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You believe the implication is what is Obama's fault?

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

I wonder if some of these pastors on this forum play these word games from the pulpit? Or do they actually learn how to speak the truth once they step behind the pulpit?

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are these word games of which you speak?

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not hardly. The OP does not say it's Obama's fault.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's my opinion. Not part of the OP.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OTOH maybe you should sharpen up on your critical reading skills.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He can't. The OP doesn't say that.

10. matt wade

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree. It's my thread and I say the OP is the opening post. I don't use "internet slang" all that much.

The point you are trying to make is dead. Try again.

12. matt wade

Sure, just redefine acronyms to fit your narrative. Once again, you illustrate that talking to you is fruitless, since you don't care for logic, reason, or facts. If something doesn't fit your opinion, you just redefine the terms or stick your fingers in your ears and act like a child.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Winko_OO O;)o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Yet you find all my posts to be dumb?:D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev Mitch and Carpro. The ultimate masters of goal post moving and backpedaling double talk.

• Like Like x 1
  15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not all. Just the ones that go off into racial and left wing rants when you start calling other members here names that shouldn't be allowed on any board, let alone a christian one , but are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's see, Isis has been responsible for God knows how many terrorist killings in the past few years. But there were only 700 of them in 2008. Now there are over 20,0000. Wonder how many terrorist acts they would have committed if there were only 700? Fewer, one would think.

But with Obama's idiotic and precipitous withdrawal from Iraq coupled with his arming of Isis in the hopes some of them would fight against Assad and his phony bombing campaign against Isis, one would have to conclude this moron is responsible for thousands of crimes against humanity committed by isis.

In particular they are murdering every Christian they can find and Obama is mute on the subject. As are the leftists here on BB.

Yes, Obama bears a huge portion of the responsibility for the radical increase in terrorist killings since he has been in office...even if one just considers those committed by Isis.

17. matt wade

"Let’s be clear about ISIL. They have rampaged across cities and villages -- killing innocent, unarmed civilians in cowardly acts of violence. They abduct women and children, and subject them to torture and rape and slavery. They have murdered Muslims -- both Sunni and Shia -- by the thousands. They target Christians and religious minorities, driving them from their homes, murdering them when they can for no other reason than they practice a different religion. They declared their ambition to commit genocide against an ancient people." -Obama

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rather than just admitting he was wrong that the "op" (original post) "implied" through innuendo that Obama causes terrorism he turned to accuses pastors of misusing words, went on a crusade marking posts dumb, and argued about the meaning of op. A lot of energy put into things when it would have been easier to just admit he misread things.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    C
    I guess he thinks it matters to the adults. Rolleyes

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Talk is cheap.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...sm-summit-islam-muslim-faith-column/23632171/

Obama's religious blindness aids Islamic State

At this week's White House summit on combating violent extremism on social media, all topics are fair game except Islamist extremism. From the administration's point of view, it may as well not even exist, despite the fact that the first I in ISIS and ISIL stands for "Islamic", as in Islamic State.

The White House has consistently downplayed, if not outright ignored, the religious dimension of the war on terrorism. This has much to do with President Obama's apparent belief that any mention of Islam in the context of terrorism will reinforce negative views of the United States abroad, and supposed American prejudices against Muslims.

Attempts to avoid touching on religious dimension of the struggle has led to several recent high-profile administration gaffes. President Obama strangely tried to deflect the issue at the National Prayer Breakfast on Feb. 5 by mentioning the Crusades as an example of Christian excess. Unfortunately, that example is also a key jihadist talking point.

snip
    In an interview published days later, Obama downplayed the religious aspect of a terrorist attack on a kosher deli in Paris that specifically targeted French Jews, saying the perpetrator "randomly (shot) a bunch of folks in a deli in Paris."

snip
    The White House made a similar blunder in a statement condemning last week's ISIL beaheading of 21 Egyptian Coptic Christians in Libya, referring to them only as "Egyptian citizens" and stressing that ISIL attacks are "unconstrained by faith, sect, or ethnicity."

snip
    Yet the Obama administration consistently sends the message that it either does not comprehend or refuses to accept the nature of the struggle. Any strategy not based on the facts is a recipe for failure.