1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Testimonies

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by GodsAmbassador, Sep 28, 2004.

1. GodsAmbassador

GodsAmbassador New Member

Hey y'all, do you have a testimony you'd like to share? Like how you got saved, or what God has been doing in your life? Share it here!

Here's mine:

My Testimony and God’s Working in My Life--written 09/26/04

I made a profession of faith when I was 3 yrs old, and was baptized when I was 9. All down through the years, I thought I was saved, but would sometimes doubt, and occasionally get real scared when I would wake up in the middle of the night and it was deathly silent. I was so scared the rapture had happened, but I would tell myself it was silly to be scared like that since I was already saved, and would go too, when the rapture happened. This past Sunday (9-19-04) was homecoming at our church, and the guests for the day was Johnny and Susan McGill and the Victorious Valley Home for Girls. Mr. McGill preached a message about knowing a real Christian, and God began convicting my heart that I really wasn’t saved. I was struggling all week, because I tried to convince myself that I was saved back when I was 3, but deep down inside, I knew I wasn’t because there hadn’t been any repentance. This past week has got to have been the most miserable week of my life. This morning (9-26-04) I was reading my Bible and God convicted my heart so deep, I just couldn’t stand it any longer. I got down on my knees and accepted Jesus as my Savior! I had brought a change of clothes with me since a lot of times we stay down at church, so I was able to be baptized about 3.5 hrs after I got saved! I am just rejoicing in how good God has been to me, and so happy to know for sure that I’m on my way to heaven! 2 added blessings, is that within the last 2 weeks, both Samuel and Peter went through a similar experience! All 3 of us were baptized today, and it is just so amazing at how good God has been to us! Today is the happiest day of my life, because I’m no longer living the lie I was living for almost 14 years! All praise goes to God!

2. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

Praise God, Ambassador!
    That is so good you got that settled!
    I was saved at an early age, ummm, 5, I think.
    I realized for the first time that I needed someone to help me out. I needed someone to save me from my sins. I needed someone to watch over me. I found this someone in Christ.
    I have been bothered by preachers who have stated that you must know the date, time,who preached the sermon, what color was the preacher's tie ;) , of when you got saved. But I didn't, so that always frightened me. I was afraid that I didn't say the right words, or I wasn't truly repentant, or sincere.
    So I doubted. Until I realized I must trust in Christ for my salvation not in the the technacalities(sp.) that surround that all important day. I know that at the hour I got on my knees as a little child and prayed that Christ would come into my heart I was saved!
    I am now sure that I am saved and thought the devil may inject fears I am on my way to Heaven!
    Praise God!
    Thank you for the excellent post idea, Ambassador!

Matt

3. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Wow, this is truly the best day in your life. I commend you on your new found faith. I will walk with you one day in heaven [​IMG] .

my testamony is a long drawn out one. It happened over the period of several years

4. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

That is an amazing thought. The people we meet in the Board we will one day run into in Heaven. Absolutely amazing, what heaven will be like! Just incredible!
    I don't stop enought to think about heaven.
    We are all waiting anxiusly for your testimony Will!

Matt

5. JesusInFirstPlace

JesusInFirstPlace New Member

Matt~ I know what you mean about not knowing the exact date! That tripped me up for the longest time. But something that I was told once made all the difference: it's not like you remember your natural birth, so it's ok if you don't remember the details surrounding your spiritual birth. As long as you know that you trusted Christ for your salvation! Well, I'll have to write my testimony some other time! But I will, I promise!

Becca

6. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

That bears repeting:

it's not like you remember your natural birth, so it's okay if you don't remember the details surrounding your spiritual birth. As long as you know that you trusted Christ for you salvation!

Wow that is good! Who taught you that? That is very wise.

7. JesusInFirstPlace

I can't remember! I either read it in a book I got from my friend about why you shouldn't doubt. Or I heard it from my pastor's wife. I dunno! But it's good all the same.

8. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

That is a good saying becca! And that applies to me as well. I just started going to church. at first it was purely for the social aspect. then over time it grew true to me.

I know that I was saved in the 9th grade. I can remember the night clearly. I just cannot put a date to it. I remember I had raised my hand during a prayer, and after the youth night, the pastor brought me aside and mentioned that he saw me raise my hand. So We ended up praying together, and I was saved.

I had a real conviction on my heart that night, since then I have had my ups and downs, but I never lost my faith. And I know Jesus never left my side; even in those times when I fell short of being even remotely worthy of his grace.

9. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

10. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

this is so true. Its good to have that security. ya know.

11. JesusInFirstPlace

I totally agree guys! Like worry is the worst thing I could do ever! I mean, it's practically like saying to God, "I don't think you can handle this situation." How much more wrong could we get?!?!

Becca

12. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Not much. when it comes to our faith.

13. JesusInFirstPlace

Exactly. But it's like the number one thing that we do! Or at least it's the number one thing that I do. And pride is probably second on the list. I don't know, but it is sooo hard not to worry! I bet it gets even harder as you get older too, as far as how to make the ends meet and stuff. But we really just need to rely on Jesus, rather than trying to take the reigns (usually messing everything up in the process). But thankfully, God is a merciful God of Second Chances!!!!!!

Becca

14. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

yes this is true most of the time. I get a new chance everyday, but I always fail.

15. intojesus

intojesus New Member

Here is my testimony:

I was raised in a Baptist church and at the age of 14 I saw a movie called, "A THIEF IN THE NIGHT" I realized that if Jesus were to come back I would not be ready that night I prayed to receive Christ. Well I wish I could tell you from that moment on I walked with Jesus but my salvation began to feel like a huge list of don'ts. No movies, No Cards, No dancing ect.ect. We were a KJVO church and no matter how hard I tried, I could not understand the Bible. Anyway I went into deep rebellion and sin, MY FAULT....and by the age of 16 was pregnant. Being the day I lived in I was told you had to marry so I married an unbeliever. Our marriage was in trouble from day ONE! It lasted 10 years and 3 children. I was still in deep sin and many times I could hear Gods whisper but I choose to ignore it. I got involved in drinking, drugs, adultery. My life was a mess. I became involved with another non-believer and married him. I got away from drugs but continued in alcohol heavily. The man I married loved to party as much as me. Believe it or not, I was still a good mom to my kids, well good by the worlds standards but I was not teaching them about the Lord. Anyway in 1999, I was sitting at a bar with my husband on a Sunday afternoon drinking a beer and there was a jukebox in the bar. It just began to play(it was one of those random jukeboxes that would just once in awhile play a song) anyway the song was by Leanne Rymes and it was a song about the crucifixion of Christ, it was called TEN THOUSAND ANGELS CRIED....anyway when I heard that song a ache began in my heart, I hurt inside and I remembered that commitment I had made to God. I couldn't even finish my beer. My husband looked at me and said what's wrong, I could barely talk. Anyway I went home that day with a seed in my heart and then my marriage became a mess, my husband was a womanizer and I just wanted to die. I dropped to my knees that day and cried out to God. I begged His forgiveness and admitted that I had only lived for myself. I told him that I had chosen to marry this man and no matter what I would stay in this marriage to honor him. I told God that I deserved everything I got and deserved a miserable life but no matter what I would follow Him. I felt cleansed....WELL GUESS WHAT, that very night my brother came and shared Christ with my husband, my husband dropped to his knees in repentance and God gave me a brand new marriage in Him. He also gave us a new life and delivered us from all that was destroying us. He made me and my husband youth leaders and He has sent my husband and I on several missions trips. All 3 of my daughters our saved and my youngest as also been on several missions trips and competed in Varsity USA last year where her team took 5th nationwide in Bible Quizzing. He uses us and blesses us even though we don't deserve it..I have tears as I write this as I remember all God has done and continues to do in my life. Thank-you Jesus!

intojesus