1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Testimony about how Awesome God IS!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Aug 25, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Ok, so a while back I saw this homeless person and he asked for food and not money. So I bought it for him and also took time to minister to him, he knew alot about God as well. Well, I have been praying for him for many months after that, and a few weeks back I asked God, I said:

"God, I pray for that homeless man, you know who he is. I want to see him again, please allow me to have a couple of bucks in my pocket to buy him something to eat at least when I see him"

Well, driving home today, i saw him! He was near a Winn-Dixie supermarket. I said, brother..... dont go.. and I had a couple of dollars only so I bought him a big Puerto Rican soft bread and a Coke. He was so happy, he was so hungry. I told him about how I asked God to see him, he was so happy. Man, God is Awesome! I feel so greatful to God to fullfilling our requests. Thank you Jesus !!!!!!!:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

2. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

3. Joe

Joe New Member

Thats inspriring :wavey: Glad God decided for you to see him again

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

How wonderful! I pray that you will continue to be able to influence and help him and that someday, through your testimony and help, he will come to know Jesus.

5. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Amen! I was so glad to see him, I felt so bad; he was so dirty and covered in dirt. We just went through a Tropical Storm here in Florida and it couldnt have been easy for him living in the woods.

6. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Amen! :thumbs: Every single time I see him, I get him something. I already have my wife packing some clothes so I can leave them in my mini van, just in case I see him. He needs clothes, poor dude. He doesnt ask for money either, he just ask for something to drink or food. People threat him like crap and look at him like he is the nastiest thing in the world.

I told him, I said:

"Listen bro, who cares what people think about you, Jesus loves you and he cares for you" "Many think they are higher than you because they have fancy cars, clothes and stuff, but dont let that bother. You have Jesus, he is everything, he is the best thing that ever happened to me and he is the one who brought me here to feed you today."

He was very happy because he felt embarrased that many joked around with him and stuff. I cant stand people like that! I know that Jesus is touching him and he has a bible too.

7. billwald

billwald New Member

Tell him you will pay him 20 bucks to mow your lawn and see what he says.

8. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Well, I dont have a lawn but thats the most common misconception about homeless people, that they dont want to work. Thats unfair for us to think that way about them. Many used to think I would never come to Christ, many always judged and assumed things about me, but God changed me. God rescued me from Drugs, Jail, Gangs... ext... people still cannot believe it today. I would encourage all to not assume or judge, but to act in love. When ever we see someone in need, let's love them, help them.... Look at Jesus, although many stoned him, yelled at him, screamed at him, assumed about him, he kept on walking and acting in love. He loved us and we should do the same to others.... its doesnt matter if he mows lawns or not, because the bottom line is this... when we face our maker... I will not be able to use an excuse as ..... (God, he wouldnt mow my lawn because I assume he is lazy; therefore I didnt take time to feed him, clothe him and minister to him) What would Jesus say!

See its about us all helping those who are in need! :1_grouphug: