1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Texas gives Mack Brown an Extension?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Dec 30, 2004.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I truly cannot believe that Texas has given Mack Brown such a long extension. Now I realize that they have won 10 games just about every year he has been there. But they continually fold in the pressure of a big game against OU, and they continually have one of the top recruiting classes each year.

Ahhh well, I guess since I am an OU fan, I should be celebrating, this will mean OU will beat Texas for a few more years in a row! [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

2. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Not a Texas fan myself - but if the worst rap on Mac Brown is that he cant beat Bob Stoops - join the club. If I were a Texas fan I would certainly celebrate the great seasons that Texas has had under Brown, but I dont know that I would pay that kind of cash for that length of time. Of course all they have to do is harken back to those great years under Macovick or Fred Akers and they may think they have a bargin down there in Austin!

Aggies in the Cotton Bowl WHOOP!

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think Stoops chipped in to sweeten the pot for Mack ...

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It may be notable that recently Louisville offered their head coach, Bobby Petrino a new 10-year contract with a big raise after their successful season this year, but just a few days later he was interviewing with LSU for that job. How much does a new longterm contract really mean? Just that if he does stay there he will be paid what the agreement calls for.

5. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evidently Mac Brown is an incredible fund raiser for the school, so I guess it is a commission of sorts.!?