1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Texas judge under fire over discipline video

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What was shown is not discipline at all. When I discipline my children, I could do it in public and stand before the throne of God and do it. If I couldn't do that, then there is something gravely wrong. Tell me that if he were doing this before the throne of God, that God would approve it. It was not discipline. It was criminal.

Oh - and I spank.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm floored. Seriously. You think he did the right thing and gets two thumbs up? This is one of the few times in my life that I say this - Oh my God!!!!!!!!! (and yes, that is a prayer - a plea)

3. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What he did is not in the Bible in the way you think it is. I have physically disciplined my children as well and will continue to do so when necessary. My eldest son is 6 and I haven't had to do it for a good couple of years now and hopefully will never have to do so with him again. The younger two are a slightly different matter but I can count on the fingers of both hands how many times I've had to resort to it. There is a world of difference between what I (and I suspect Ann) have done - the Proverbial 'rod' - and what this cruel excuse for a human being has done.

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Ann like I have told you before you are a liberal so it does not matter how YOU would do this. You are not the standard, God is and this mans actions do not go against what God calls for. In fact he was very soft on the child based on the command to use a rod (club). This man has every right to do what he did and did not do wrong. He could have done it in a different spirit but his actions do not violate the commands of God.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I believe in prayer. :praying:

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The bible does not call for a Proverbial 'rod'. It calls for a liter rod. That is your error when approaching things from a liberal concept. Also your children are not his children. He has the right to do with them as he sees fit according to what he feels is needed as long as it does not cause serious bodily injury. The injury never happened. So it is none of your business! The girl was not physically harmed so as to need any medical attention, in fact she was taught not to be a thief. Two thumbs up.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Wow!! I think that was the first time I was ever called a liberal!! Interesting!!!

If you think he was very soft on the child, then I think you are sick. Very sick. What he did was against the law and against God.

You speak of spare the rod and spoil the child but I think we can see in this whole story that this man didn't spare the rod AND he spoiled the child. Better a millstone....

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No I have told you before several times you are a liberal and you are because you stand aginst the standards and commands of God many times by claiming "that was under the law" to excuse your rebellion which is liberalism. The discipline was legal and not against anything God calls for. The man did right but in the wrong way. He should not have gotten angry while giving the whipping. He needs to two thumbs up. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

#28 freeatlast, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2011
  9. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Please don't judge all Texans on freeatlast's viewpoints. All Texans are not as blood-thirsty as you might think. I was born in Texas, yet I feel that what this man did to his daughter was child abuse.

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

He does not need two thumbs up since he did the discipline sinfully, in anger and apparently did a generally poor job of parenting. A teenage that needs to be beaten like that was not raised properly. I haven't laid a hand on my teens since before they were 8 or 9 - and they both are great kids, walking with the Lord, holding down jobs and going to college full time with scholarships. They are commended by everyone they are around and when my second daughter was 16, she was actively recruited to work in an architects office because, as the architect said, "I can't find anyone - adult or young person - with the quality of character that I see in you."

This judge apparently needs some parenting training and anger management.

11. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

What's a "liter" rod? I would think that you would be against the metric system, it's probably too "liberal" for you! :laugh:

If I saw you doing this to your own daughter in public, I would not only call the police, I would probably take the belt away from you and beat you with it myself.

12. Matt Black

Site Supporter

If a child has that degree of physical violence inflicted on her in a sustained, vicious attack such as this, then you bet it's my business! In fact, if he'd done that in public in front of me, I'd have performed a citizen's arrest.
    Your view disgusts me.

13. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Thanks! That's a relief!

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I find it horrifying for his children.

15. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Indeed; someone to definitely strike off my babysitting list!

But, then again, we're all evil godless libruls who don't take the Bible seriously, so I doubt he'd want to set foot in our houses anyway...

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I assume that based on your theory about this man not raising her right that all children who go astray it is the parents fault because of poor parenting, correct?
    Also how are you and your children the standard? Second based on your liberal views my guess is they probably have some serious issues.I would love to meet them as I would venture to bet they are much like this current rebellious culture and not like you think or claim. The bible calls for the rod and does not put an age limit on it. You are claiming culture not biblical standards. I agree that she seems a little old based on this culture, but not from a biblical standpoint. She still lived at home was clearly aware of the rules and went and committed a theft anyway. She knew what the discipline would be as evident in setting up the video. She got what she deserved. The problem is not the father as much as the child. He deserves two thumbs up for trying to do what is right and that was keep his daughter out of prison.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You say this;
    "This judge apparently needs some parenting training and anger management"
    Would you say that a person who follows the biblical teaching on discipline (the rod) needs parenting training?

17. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Of course you do since you do not obey the Lord in His command in dealing with children.

18. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Well said. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

19. Matt Black

Site Supporter

You really don't get irony, do you?

20. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You really don't get truth do you? Here are some of the blog posts on this. I am posting one side of the response.
    http://www.chron.com/news/articleComments/Judge-won-t-face-charges-after-beating-video-2251350.php
    Awe...was Daddy gonna' take the worthless brat's Mercedes away...was da' darlin' gonna' have to get a job or do well in College...The Victim Generation. What a worthless child.

From the comments here, we know who was spanked as a child and we know who got "timeouts". This was no beating. This was hardly a spanking. My mom never waited until I turned over took start lashing out my punishment. if my arms were up, then my arms were spanked. We are getting waaaaay to soft as a country!

Taking her car away, cutting off her cell phone, forcing her to get a real job to support herself. Most of 99%ers would consider that abuse.

The lack of discipline at home is what is lacking in today's society. Parents don't care nowadays and nobody says anything, but when a parent wants to discipline a kid, so that kid will not become a thug, that kids's rights have been violated. How many of you were spanked by your parents and here you are being good citizens and contributing to your communities and devoted to your work. Are you sick? mentally ill or disabled? need a psychologist, I don't think so. I am personally greatfull with my parents who raised me in a proper way with love but also witrh discipline. This society is backwards. Remember, Family is the core of a society.

as a child born in 1963 getting your butt whopped was a fact of life did not kill me or make me crazy or force me to be withdrawn or any taboo traits society labels today...in fact it made me stringer more family based and more caring...so the proverbial hype anyone labels this judge to be is stupid at best...parents today pacify over nuture they kids to death...spoil them and then when the word no comes up they cant handle the fallout from they kid...pls reevalute yoru parenting and raising skills and leave this judge alone ...his mistake she should have got in that butt long time ago

Well there you have it. Daddy was about to cut his lazy good-for-nothing daughter off financially and she decided to destroy his career and life as revenge. I'm glad he wasn't charged...he should have beat her harder!

She stole - she got a whipping. If more parents disciplined their children, America would be a much better place today. She is 23, has a part-time job and he fully supported her. she got mad because he took away her mercedes. End of story. No one has thought to ask how the beating was even filmed. She clearly had to set this whole ordeal up. I just thanked my 60 year old mother at her surprise bday party over the weekend for the whippings she gave me as a kid. My friends who didnt get them made a lot of mistakes that they are paying for now. He did not punch her or do anything out of the ordinary from a whipping many of us recieved as kids. Chiildren need to be whipped - heck I bet she never stole again!

THANK YOU MAMA for my whoopings. DADDY YOU ONLY GOT ME TWICE and lord knows i will never forget it as long as i live thank you. I was hit by a motorcycle and once my mom made sure i was okay she whooped me and my cousins because we were told to stay in the backyard. But noooooooo we had to disobey and play in the street and til this day i remember that buttkicking.

What worthless BRAT. I'm glad he cut off her free cell phone and next he should repossess her mercedes. I said it from the beginning and now it all comes to light. This was all a revenge tactic by the girl to extort her dad into financially supporting her "go nowhere lifestyle" and when he was going to force her to actually grow-up and do something she released the video. Hey dad, if she wants to be on her own then let her survive on her own!!

Lets see if I got this:
    1) Dad says stop doing stupid stuff
    2) Daughter laughs in her dads face and continues
    3) Mom watches on
    4) Dad says stop doing what we ask you not to do!
    5) Daughter screams she hates him, and continues
    6) Mom watches on
    7) Dad blows a gasket, when he finds daughter has NOT stopped
    8) Dad beats the crap out of daughter!
    9) Mom watches on
    10) Its video like it's a birthday party
    11) Dad and daughter see eye to eye, they both dislike each other
    12) Mom watches on
    13) Daughter enjoys doing what she wants
    14) Dad keeps blowing gasket
    15) Mom watches on
    16) Dad buys car, cloths, shoes, and collage education for daughter