1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Texas judge under fire over discipline video

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Looks to me that the father was the one being the thug here and was not properly disciplined as a child.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That is because you see this through liberal and blinded eyes.

3. Matt Black

Site Supporter

:rolleyes: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we're all evil godless libruls. Change the record already.

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Here is another reply;
    http://www.chron.com/news/articleComments/Judge-won-t-face-charges-after-beating-video-2251350.php
    Seems we have a spoiled brat who refused to follow the rule of this man,s home.She admits that she was rebellious and as a results recieves what we call some act right.This man has worked hard to provide this child with a wonderful life and seems that he finally told her to stand up and act responsible. It,s amazing how these kids want to be grown ,act grown,but want someone to cater and take care of them while they find their way.The mom is reversing roles now to deflect the outrage from her using i was abused too. BULL!!!!!!! She knows that their daughter is a brat who uses her disability as an excuse.Stop letting your children run your life.Maybe if more parents would put a belt on their kids backside then the jailhouses and graveyard populations would be less.Watching an episode a few years back tha cops came onto a woman whooping her child in public,when confronted her response was classic.She said I AM WHOOPING HIM NOW SO YOU DON,T HAVE TO KILL HIM LATER.

I believe all the people backing this girl and calling the father dispicable, saying he should be jailed should all post apollogizes because the truth finally came out, she deserved the spanking she got then and deserves another now, just another spoiled brat having her actions justified through the time-out thin skin generation of pansies that dont beat/spank there kids

#44 freeatlast, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2011
  5. Matt Black

Site Supporter

I'm not going to apologize for calling something that is vile, violent and despicable exactly what it is. The daughter may well indeed have been a brat - teenagers frequently are - but that does not excuse that kind of viciousness from her parents.

6. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Freeatlast, I'm a liberal's liberal and you are an idiot.

Timeouts were unheard of in my parent's home. Rather I faced the same sort of "punishment" that this girl did and suffered it whether it was called for or not. (and in my house that depended on which way the wind of my mother's mind was blowing)

This was abuse pure and simple. The fact that the girl was intelligent enough to know what was about to happen and set up the recorder means she had faced similar violence in the past and was strong enough to realize that it was abuse.

This man lost his temper, pure and simple. He wasn't out to discipline his daughter, he was out for revenge that she dared to disobey. Her mother shouldn't have tolerated it, participated in it or lived with him as long his anger was out of control in this manner. And yes, I know EXACTLY what I am saying.

Not only did my mother regular beat me, but she often pushed my father into it as well. Even when it became crystal clear that my mother was a liar and a crazy one at that(literally mentally ill) my father ALWAYS took her part and completely failed to protect us children from her. At least this girl's mother is finally standing up and taking responsilibity in part for her own actions. It's more than I've ever gotten.

So, Freeatlast, you go on a beat your kids out of anger and use that as your only tool of discipline when something else would be more effective because it feels good to release that anger you are holding onto your child becasue you have a "reason" too. The results of that? Oh well my biological donors will never meet their great grandchildren because of how they behaved/still behave and they rarely see any of the progeny of their line. So you keep going on the way you are and don't come around wondering why your grown children don't have anything to with you.

You ought to be ashamed.

7. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

:thumbsup:

8. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Menageriekeeper, :thumbsup:. (If that means I'm a liberal in Freeatlast's eyes, then I'm proud to be called that rather than be a supporter of a vicious thug of a so-called man.)

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Well your position is why the young people of this nation find themselves in prison today. The judge was not wrong in his actions. The girl still needs a rod to her back even today as is evident in her now adult mind set. By the way so does the mother. The difference here is I believe the bible and you do not.

#49 freeatlast, Nov 4, 2011
  10. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

freeatlast you are an enemy of God. You are against His teachings. I pray you will repent and turn from your wicked ways.

11. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No sir, the difference is, you believe the Bible condones child abuse and the rest of us do not.

Your remarks are disgusting and offensive to those of us who have survived abuse. Maybe you should re-read your Bible and learn what God has to say about fathers not provoking their children to wrath. . .and what is says about those who hurt children having a millstone strung around their neck and tossed into the sea.

12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

For anyone to suffer child abuse it is unfortunate. However this was not child abuse. God calls for the Rod. In today's rebellious culture man many times stands behind a claim of child abuse to support their rebellion against God. What this man did was not abuse. if you think it was then you have most likely never suffered child abuse. This child was never medically harmed and what she received was far less then what the Lord calls for.
    The truth be told this young woman still needs a rod to her back today along with her mother. Both are out of control. If that happened instead of bleeding heart rebellious liberals supporting their rebellion they would both get a life and move on.

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

My children are FAR from this current rebellious culture. They love the Lord, they obey their parents, they are HARD workers (working 30+ hours a week in addition to going to college full time with scholarships and also doing ministry with young women and children) and are extremely respectful of others. They do not drink, do not smoke, have not slept around and they LOVE to be around their siblings and their mom and dad. As a matter of fact, they beg my hubby to go with them on retreats and stuff because they LIKE mom and dad! I would be proud for anyone to meet my kids and see what quality children they are. And I have never beat them like the video. If I did, I would consider that bad parenting because by 16, if your child needs a spanking, you've failed.

14. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

FAL, you are a very wicked man. I'm going to pray that God either moves your heart to repent or takes you to your eternal destiny before you do too much more damage here.

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I will ask you again. So are you saying that any child who goes bad the parent has failed? Keep in mind Adam.

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Paul thank you for the prayers. They are much appreciated from anyone God hears. He does hear you correct?

17. menageriekeeper

I would laugh at this if I thought you weren't serious:

So you are saying if we don't agree the Bible says to beat our children in an abusive manner that we not only don't believe the Bible, but God doesn't hear our prayers????

Who are YOU to claim something like this? Does that copy of scripture you claim to be reading from tell you have the corner on how it should be interpreted? Does it make you high priest over us here at the BB? You really need to go back and read it again.

And you should still be ashamed for condoning child abuse and encourging spousal abuse.

18. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Not at all. I am saying what happened was not child abuse unless you are accusing God of promoting child abuse. Spare the rod and you will spoil the child.
    The liberal mind-set today does not want the things of God in their life or even in others lives as it brings too much light on their failures as well as their lusts for sin.

#58 freeatlast, Nov 4, 2011
  19. menageriekeeper

Beat the child to often and for the wrong things and you will provoke him to wrath.

It's not that us liberals don't want the things of God in our lives but that we interpret these sorts of scriptural oneliners by the words of Christ:

"love thy God and love thy neighbor as thyself, on these two hand the Law and prophets" (Cindi's paraphrase)

It was neither love for God nor love for that child that provoked the judge to beat her in the manner he did. It's not love for God nor love for that child that causes you to protect the father for his wrongdoing. As a matter of fact, I can't understand why you continue to hold to the position you do.

At least you backed off the idea that God isn't hearing our prayers.....

20. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

I think you need to work on your own spiritual issues. I'm rarely as harsh as I am with you, but I have no patience for child abusers. Please tell me you don't have children.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.