Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jedi Knight, Aug 22, 2012.
I am concerned that the reelection of Obama may result in an economic depression. Many people in this country have been spoiled by prosperity. I cannot see them tolerating a significant change in their lifestyle. There would be chaos in the streets of larger cities and the possibility of a civil war
Evidently the government thinks something big is about to happen. Like maybe the sheople waking up to the fact that they've been herded and sheared right proper by the unelected global elite that control the government and mass media.
The big move towards martial law started 9/12/2001 and it's been gaining speed ever since. When the last of the sheople has been sheared then the government will step in to help with plenty of rifles, bayonets and barbed wire. Gonna be a rough ride ahead me thinks.
The hard part is going be choosing which side we're going to be on. The globalist's or the Republic's.
The logistics of the next civil war baffles me. How would it stater? Some state or several states in the Confederacy send a letter to the president withdrawing from the union?
The President then returns with a legal opinion stating why it is unconstitutional. Then what happens next? The citizens in Florida quit cashing their Social Security checks? Fat chance of that!
A convoy of National Guard troops moves out? Choppers from Texas land on the White House lawn?
This dude's a little off his rocker. No one's going to start a civil war over President Obama if he gets re-elected. This judge reminds me of how crazy the Republican Party has become. It's hard to take seriously a party in which 2/3 of the members think President Obama was born outside of the country or is Muslim.
I would like to see support for those figures.
Never say never.
Look them up. I do not know why you are questioning it, you just spent another thread shreading the Republican Party as extremists.
Looks like war is coming - there is also going to be a civil war if the president is not re-elected.
I am a Republican, but I am first a Christian....Obama insults both of those
My husband and his cohorts believe that the US will cease to exist
if Obama has 4 more years. I am not kidding.
The problem with secession is economic. What state is prepared to institute its own currency? And on what will that be based? How will it institute trade laws with what remains of the US and other countries? For that matter, will any other country recognize its individual sovereignty? And how will it maintain its borders?
Then there's the matter of corporations located within the state. Will they be allowed to continue business, or be forced to negotiate new trade agreements? Or be forced to leave?
And how about the citizens of the state? What's their economic future look like? The price of a gallon of milk? Or gasoline? Does the state have refineries, or are they capable of building them quickly? Not to mention other manufacturing requirements.
Texas has a couple of bargaining chips; oil, to name one. But there's a lot more to revolting than this judge seems to be thinking about...and he needs to be talking to his local national guard unit(s), not just beefing up his local sheriff's department.
I am going to "DITTO" this post by Roger!!! Except it will probably be more along the lines of localized uprisings complete with riots & looting-----one of those THERE WAS NO KING IN THE LAND SO THE PEOPLE DID WHAT WAS RIGHT IN THEIR OWN EYES!!!!
Sorry Bro David - I should have used my 'sarcasm' icon on this post
I don't think there will be war either way.
Here's your (tongue-in-cheek) answer:
So what does Texas have to do to survive as a Republic?
1. NASA is just south of Houston, Texas. (we will control the space industry.)
2. We refine over 85% of the gasoline in the United States.
3. Defense Industry. We have over 65% of it. The term "Don't mess with
Texas," will take on a whole new meaning.
4. Oil - we can supply all the oil that the Republic of Texas will need for
the next 300 years. Since Texas accounts for 26.6percent of the nation's oil refining capacity- we should be able to take care of ourselves. Yankee states? Sorry about that.
5. Transportation- since most of our SUV's are built in Texas we will always have transportation.
6. Natural Gas - Again we have all we need and it's too bad about those
northern states. President Obama will figure a way to keep them warm....
7. Computer Industry - we currently lead the nation in producing computer chips and communications: Small places like Texas Instruments, Dell Computer, EDS, Raytheon, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Intel, AMD, Applied Materials, Ball Semiconductor, Dallas Semiconductor, Delphi, Etc, Etc. The list goes on and on.
8. Health Centers - We have the largest research centers for Cancer
research, the best burn centers and the top trauma units in the world and
other large health planning centers.
9. We have enough colleges to keep us going: UT., Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, SMU, University of Houston, Baylor, UNT, Texas Women's University, etc.
10. We have control of the paper industry, plastics, insurance, etc.
11. In case of a foreign invasion, we have the Texas National Guard and the Texas Air National Guard. We don't have an army but since everybody down here has at least six rifles and a pile of ammo, we can raise an army in 24 hours if we need it. If the situation really gets bad, we can always call Department of Public Safety and ask them to send over a couple Texas Rangers.
12. We are totally self sufficient in beef, poultry, hogs and several types
of grain, fruit and vegetables and lets not forget seafood from the gulf.
And everybody down here knows how to cook them so that they taste good. Don't need any food.
This just names a few of the items that will keep the Republic of Texas in
good shape. There isn't a thing out there that we need and don't have.
Well, we would have plenty of coal, tobacco, whiskey, horses, and Baptist churches. Not quite sure how that would come out.
Pretty irresponsible comments for a judge to make. He should consider his position.
So the idea is that if President Obama is not re-elected the liberal black population is going to start a war and if he is re-elected the conservative white people are going to start a war?
It's just crazy. All this over an election. If Barry tries to hand over our sovereignty to the UN, impeach his behind and toss him. :laugh:
Not war as in WAR----but civil unrest/riots-----enough to where the Prez would seriously consider Federal troops in to hot spots to squelch . . . ----except he would order up "Rubber" bullets and bean bags(etc, etc) in the sted of full metal jackets!!:type::type:
Yes---it IS crazy!!
Yes---over an election!!!
Yes---and Barry shouldn't let the door hit his behind on the way out!!!