1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Texas: Keystone State of the FTAA

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Nov 11, 2005.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

by Robert L. Dacy
    November 14, 2005

Because of its location, Texas is integral to the creation of the FTAA and the eventual merger of North and South America under a single regional government like the EU.

Based in Austin, Texas, Robert L. Dacy is a political researcher and host of The Simple Truth, a TV talk show.

A little more than two years ago, political allies of Texas Governor Rick Perry quietly passed legislation creating the "Trans-Texas Corridor" (TTC). With the connivance of a largely silent press, the most expensive project in the state's history became law with scant public notice.

It's bad enough that the TTC will cost at least $185 billion, much of it derived from new toll taxes imposed on existing free roads. It's even worse that the project -- 4,000 miles of roads, rail lines, and other infrastructure crisscrossing the state, bypassing all of the cities -- will be built by a Spanish contractor rather than a firm based in the United States. But worst of all is the role to be played by this hugely expensive boondoggle in linking the transportation system of the United States with that of Mexico, thereby creating the infrastructure that will facilitate the creation of the Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA).

Because of simple geography, the road to the FTAA must go through Texas. For a short time, the Texas Department of Transportation website illustrated the true purpose of the corridor via a map showing how the project would connect with the Mexican highway and railway system, and a sketch of North America showing the strategic placement of Texas, with giant arrows pointing from Texas north to Canada and south to Mexico.

The strategic significance of Texas in the scheme to amalgamate the Americas was underscored by the trinational summit held last March at Waco's Baylor University. During that event, President Bush, along with Mexican President Vicente Fox and Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin, approved a pact to create a "Security and Prosperity Partnership" that would deepen the economic and security integration of the three countries. Last month, Baylor's Hankamer School of Business hosted an important follow-up meeting intended to shore up flagging support for the FTAA in the United States.

Appropriately, Waco sits astride Interstate Highway 35, a route parallel to the envisioned TTC -- the first of what would be several FTAA corridors gradually binding North America and the entire Western Hemisphere into a single economic and (eventually) political region.

SOURCE

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does that mean the capital will be moved to Austin? [​IMG]

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Where ever the WTO headquaters are I imagine.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We needs jobs in this area of Arkansas so I would welcome their headquarters here in El Dorado. [​IMG]

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I thought you were for securing the borders Ken. You didn't do another flip flop on us again did ya amigo? [​IMG]

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't want illegal aliens but I would be interested in the jobs created by having the headquarters of the WTO located here. [​IMG]

7. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here in East Texas, we are hearing that it will pass through the Longview/Tyler area, quite a bit east of the Waco area. But much of what we're hearing may be rumours. The Texas Department of Transportation locals don't seem to want to talk about it.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

These are supposed to be the maps that were pulled from the Texas DOT website. Yes, I already know the source has an abundance of colorful propaganda. [​IMG]

Click Here To View Maps

9. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. billwald

billwald New Member

Thread confuses the problems of trade and of national borders. I favor free trade (movement of goods) but borders to restrict immigration.

This country is to large and should be broken into 4 or 5 nations with free trade between them.

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I see the problem being the size of the federal government and ease of which it has brought and continues to bring the states into submission to it. I favor free trade also, what the FTAA is proposing isn't free trade it's more like a soviet style regional world government.

I figure the borders are left open to let cheap labor in to lower our wages and standard of living, to increase tension between races and to up the crime rates setting the stage for the FTAA 'solution'. It's more problem reaction solution from the globalists. They got the problem this time though, we aren't buying into it.