1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Texas Man Kills Home Intruder With His Own Gun

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BLUE MOUND, Texas — When two gunmen smashed through the glass front door of her suburban Fort Worth home, Kellie Hoehn didn't think twice.

The 34-year-old mother of two grabbed a shotgun that had been pointed at her face early Wednesday, starting a struggle that ended with one intruder killed with his own weapon and another in the hospital.

"I wasn't going to let them get to my babies," she said, recalling the moment when she pushed up the muzzle of the shotgun, pointing it away from her children's rooms.

More Here

2. billreber

billreber New Member

Thank You, Lord, for a GOOD report of the use of a weapon in defense of one's home and family! And THIS time, it was a weapon brought into the home by the invader that killed him!

I, just like the owner of the invaded house, do not like the death of the invader. However, I would rather see one death than four!

Dear Lord, I pray that the other invader of this home will live and be told about your love. Move in his heart to accept Your Son as his Savior! AMEN!

Bill :godisgood:

3. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good for her! I hope I would react the same way, were my life and my children's lives in danger from an intruder.

4. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Good for her! She kept her head and didn't get hysterical., and she didn't hesitate to grab the intruder's weapon and shoot the ones who were threatening her and her family.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Normally the public officials will tell you not to fight back, beacuse you might get hurt. If more folks would fight back, an intruder might be less likely to committ crimes.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good for them and good for Texas.

Texas law allows defense of yourselves and your homes.

The fact that the intruders were shot outside the home might lead to charges against the victims in other states.

7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep!! Liberal think uses the convoluted logic that if you'll just be nice or submissive to the criminal, you will be safe.

After all, he's only doing this dastardly deed 'cause his daddy didn't tell him bedtime stories when he was a wee lil chap; Or maybe he made a "C" in algebra unlike his big brother who made an "A", and now his self-esteem is shattered and this crime is just a way of getting back at mom & dad for praising big brother more than him

If you show kindness and give him a warm fuzzy hug, he'll be ultra nice to you.:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

8. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ugh. Depending on which state, I wonder if the poor homeowner will have to go to "tolerance training" or therapy for "anger management." I also wonder if the crook who lived will get access to lots of free welfare 'cause he must be "needy.":rolleyes:

9. hawg_427

hawg_427 Member

Good for her. In good Ol' Florida we have the same law. If an intruder comes into our home he or she will leave in a bodybag. Aim to cause a FATAL wound, if they survive the crooks will sue you these days. One shot, one kill! Then PRAY for his/her soul. AMEN

10. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

I told my wife if that happens in our home, grab the .22 pistol I bought her, turn on the laser sight, point at the chest, and keep pulling the trigger until you hear "click"

11. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Especially if he's dead.

12. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

The one who survived will probably sue for "pain and bodily harm" and win millions. I wouldn't be surprised after reading about a man who broke into a warehouse through the skylight, fell and was injured. Then he sued the warehouse owners and won $250,000.