1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Texas Part 2

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by The American Dream, Jun 10, 2015.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Against it, myself.

It's an interesting thought, but it will not happen. Far too complicated.

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One more reason I love Greg Abbott. I've been a strong proponent of sound money for years.

When we moved back to Alabama, I have to admit, we came very close to moving to Texas, instead. Abbott is just one of the things I love about Texas.

I remember when he was on the Glenn Beck show, back when he was Texas AG, and Beck asked him what he did all day. He said, "I go to work, I file lawsuits against the federal government on behalf of the people of Texas, I win, and then I go home."

#43 JohnDeereFan, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2015
  4. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look, we all know you are not terribly bright, and apparently have a reading comprehension problem so I will type this r e a l s l o w. Texas sends more money to Washington than Washington sends to Texas.

Got it now? Washington won't be sending money to Texas, and Texas will keep 5%+ more of its own money.
    Silicon compounds are the most significant component of the Earth’s crust. Silicon is recovered from an abundant resource: sand. In case you didn't know, Texas has a LOT of sand!

Most pure sand is quartz, silicon dioxide (SiO2). Since sand is plentiful, easy to mine and relatively easy to process, it is the primary ore source of silicon. Some silicon is also retrieved from two other silicate minerals, talc and mica (Texas has an abundance of both). The metamorphic rock, quartzite, is another source (quartzite is metamorphosed sandstone, we got a lot of that too!). All combined, world resources of silicon are plentiful and will supply demand for many decades to come.

Texas has plentiful sand, quartzite, talc and mica resources. And in case Texas runs out of sand, we can import silicon from Norway, Russia, Brazil, Canada, and from a number of other countries.
    Texas has a 1254 mile long border with Mexico. There are 47 ports of entry between Mexico and Texas. The Gulf Coast of Texas is 600 miles long with 3,300 miles of shoreline (including coastal islands).
    It would get our imports and exports all the way to our customers and suppliers.
    How would it be shut down? Are you suggesting the US is so corrupt it would invade a friendly neighbor and murder the Mexican soldiers who would protect their sovereignty?
    You are very ignorant of not only US history, the implications of both the 10th and 14th amendments, but also the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo.
    Really? The US controls all international waters? The Gulf? The Caribbean? The Pacific?

And it also controls Guatemala and Belize? That will come as a shock to the people of both countries.
    Actually they were built in Texas by Texas investors.

And you advocate starting a war with a country with the worlds largest working uranium mine and the technology to build both nuclear and thermo-nuclear weapons?

You don't know much about strategy do you?
    LOL! The US has a terrible balance of trade deficit! They have to BEG foreign countries to buy their products! And sell? To whom?

Boeing builds planes in China.
    Rawlings makes baseballs in Costa Rica!
    Radio Flyer little red wagons left Chicago for China several years ago!
    Barbie now hails from Hong Kong!
    Converse All Stars are now made in China.
    Levis? Mexico & Guatemala & the Mariana Islands.
    How about Etch-a-Sketch? Yep. That's made in China too.
    US Olympic uniforms? Oh oh. China too!
    iPad? China.
    The great American board game Monopoly? Ireland!
    $3.2 million worth of American flags were imported by the U.S. in 2010, with the vast majority being made in China.
    You obviously know absolutely nothing about military issues. You also seem ignorant of the fact that Texas has the Texas National Guard and the Texas Naval Militia as well as the Texas State Militia as state controlled military units, and roughly 5 million able bodied men and women able to bear arms in the defense of our republic.

:)

5. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. Greg was a GREAT Attorney General and is now a GREAT Governor. You just gotta love a guy who carries a pistol in his cowboy boot. :D :D

6. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac has a 10 gallon hat on a 2 gallon head.

Or, as we say in Texas, "All hat and no cattle." :D

7. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    5 Million? Heck, just buy the Luttrell brothers and Jeff Kyle a couple of cases of beer and let 'em loose.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

If you say so. I'm just a lil old country boy from Georgia. And that's fine by me.

That may have USED to be true. It isn't anymore.

You have no money and no currency that's worth anything without the United States. :laugh:

Like I said, there's a whole lot of things that go into making silicon chips. And definitely more than just silicon.

This would be Civil War. We'd just assume blow up Texas and leave a hole in the ground before letting you greedy folks have it just because you think you're better than everybody else.

It controls enough around the Gulf that you aren't getting anything out of there if the US says so.

You got to get there. go for it.

If we have to, yep.

I don't need strategy. This will be tactical. Short and sweet.

Then that certainly wouldn't bode well for a rogue Texas.

SO tell me something new.

If yu say so. I know enough to know that we will light yall's behinds up and be home in time for dinner.

And you also seem ignorant of the fact that there are hundreds of thousands of national guard troops in the other 49 states along with tens of millions of able bodied men and women ready to kick ya'lls smarmy stuck up behinds into the Gulf.

:thumbs:

9. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac, you act as if folks residing in the other 49 states have animosity toward Texas. I think the reality is that many American citizens love what Greg Abbott is doing. They appreciate and admire what Texans stand for. It's not an us vs. them mentality.

#49 Rippon, Jun 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2015
  10. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you mean to put an "and" in there?

11. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. The military tends to lean to the right, If things got so bad that Texas has to leave, I don't think most military with will fight against them.

Minorities are not going to go rushing off to the nearest recruiting office. Neither are the millions of border criminals. Liberals won't. Most young people won't. Subtract those too old or physically unable to fight and you're left with a fairly small pool to draw from.

Take the small number left and it's quite a stretch for him to assume that all will fight against Texas.

There are just too many people in the South and in red states who have an affinity for Texas and who recognize that it is one of the last strongholds of freedom.

And even if they don't, what is Texas supposed to do? Just throw up its hands and say "Oh, no, people don't like us. I gues we'll just have to submit"?

12. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Last strongholds of freedom?

13. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for that brilliant and insightful commentary.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

There's a pocket full of Americans who think like this. The animosity of the folks residing in the other 49 states is against THEM, not Texas.

The majority of Texans don't even feel that way about secession. The GOP just likes to present Texas as the last bastion of conservative hope.

So yeah, like with most America and the Tea Party, I believe they'd just assume put Abbot and those with the chip on their shoulders off US land and the rest of Texas can continue to be a part of the United States.

15. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac is so funny! He just makes things up as he goes along. LOL! ROFLOL!

Here, I can do that too.

If Texas secedes and the US tries to stop the secession, then Texas's allies, the Qrosteopt from planet Qrostex will execute Plan 9 From Outer Space and freeze the entire US population in a time loop allowing Texas to become the world's only superpower!

LOL! ROFLOL!

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Poor thang. All that special Texas uppity air has got ya delirious. Must be whta also has you thinking yall can secede. :laugh:

17. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well they are your words man.

18. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. And here I've been told repeatedly that the land of Texas belongs to the people, not the U.S. But I guess freedom doesn't belong to the people, it belongs to Texas.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It belongs to those who for it and the right to keep it.

Just because you are willing to give up your freedoms doesn't mean everyone is.

The U.S. government does not own all the land in Texas. Period.

To say it does is without constitutional foundation and totally ludicrous.

20. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is really sad is that Zaac actually seems to believe the US Army would fire on law abiding citizens and the US Navy would fire on unarmed cargo ships sailing under the flags of friendly nations.

I can't imagine that depth of corruption in our men and women serving in the military.