1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Texas pastor who accused Whole Foods of gay slur on cake drops suit, apologizes

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, May 17, 2016.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Texas pastor who sued Whole Foods in April for allegedly writing a gay slur on a cake he bought withdrew his lawsuit on Monday and apologized to the supermarket chain for perpetrating a hoax, KVUE reported.

"The company did nothing wrong," openly gay pastor Jordan Brown wrote in a Monday statement. "I was wrong to pursue this matter and use the media to perpetuate this story."

Brown said in April that he requested a cake from Whole Foods with the phrase “Love Wins” written on it, but when he received his cake there was a homophobic remark added. Brown made the accusation in an Internet video and launched a lawsuit shortly thereafter.

But alert viewers quickly pointed out that the icing style used to write “Love Wins” and the gay slur appeared to differ, and Whole Foods released surveillance video showing the cake being purchased with the UPC code in a different location than Brown's video, suggesting the cake had been opened and tampered with.

"Our bakery team member wrote “Love Wins” at the top of the cake, which was visible to Mr. Brown through the clear portion of the packaging," Whole Foods said in an April statement. "That’s exactly how the cake was packaged and sold at the store."

The bakery member implicity accused by Brown of writing the slur was a "part of the LGBTQ community," according to Whole Foods.

“I want to apologize to Whole Foods and its team members for questioning the company’s commitment to its values, and especially the baker associate who I understand was put in a terrible position because of my actions,” Brown said in the statement.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/1...-cake-drops-suit-apologizes.html?intcmp=hpbt3

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Now they should sue him into the ground for every penny that he has. I hope he's not the "pastor" of anything after this.

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who knew that they had cameras rolling in the bakery??? He almost got away with it.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You didn't need cameras in the bakery to call his ruse. Nobody orders a cake without the folks in he bakery opening it up and showing you what it looks like. He's just a dummy who needs to be jailed or placed in a psych ward.

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Target will hire him as a corporate chaplain.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Know what's missing? The "pastor" didn't own up to doing something wrong or bad. He just said that it was wrong to pursue this.

We has an openly gh3y employee of Ch----tle /gh3y rights activist fake his own abduction here in Cincinnati to get attention. These folks are desperate and slaves to sin. They need our prayers.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

7. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I still don't think it's been proven that this guy is a pastor or that he has a church. From one report at the start of this mess, it stated that they went looking for his church but only found a vacated apartment.

Sad to see someone try to gin up controversy to gain followers.