1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Texas Rangers

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by drake13, Aug 6, 2012.

1. drake13

drake13 New Member

Any Ranger fans here?

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our son is a Rangers fan. When we were at a supporting church in TX when he was a boy, a man gave him a Rangers team set of baseball cards and he was hooked. So growing up, I would trade him Rangers cards to him (esp. Nolan Ryan) for Braves cards.

So I'm not really a Rangers fan. But I'm following them this year because of Yu Darvish. Darvish (Mom Japanese, Dad Iranian) played for the Japanese pro team on our island of Hokkaido, the Fighters.

I also like Josh Hamilton with the Rangers. I admire the way he got his life together from drug addiction and is doing his best. His bio, Beyond Belief, is worth the read to understand more about addiction (since a friend's son is an addict).

3. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

Rangers fan here!... at least when they are winning :laugh: Watching non-playoff baseball games does nothing for me... unless I need to take a nap ;-) The last two world series were great though!