1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Texas Sheriffs Say Terrorists Entering US from Mexico

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by carpro, Aug 21, 2006.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewSpecialReports.asp?Page=/SpecialReports/archive/200608/SPE20060821a.html

Texas Sheriffs Say Terrorists Entering US from Mexico
    By Kevin Mooney
    CNSNews.com Staff Writer
    August 21, 2006

EXCERPT

(CNSNews.com) - The chief law enforcement officers of several Texas counties along the southern U.S. border warn that Arabic-speaking individuals are learning Spanish and integrating into Mexican culture before paying smugglers to sneak them into the United States. The Texas Sheriffs' Border Coalition believes those individuals are likely terrorists and that drug cartels and some members of the Mexican military are helping them get across the border.

Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez of Zapata County, Texas told Cybercast News Service that Iranian currency, military badges in Arabic, jackets and other clothing are among the items that have been discovered along the banks of the Rio Grande River. The sheriff also said there are a substantial number of individuals crossing the southern border into the U.S. who are not Mexican. He described the individuals in question as well-funded and able to pay so-called "coyotes" - human smugglers - large sums of money for help gaining illegal entry into the U.S.

Although many of the non-Mexican illegal aliens are fluent in Spanish, Gonzalez said they speak with an accent that is not native.

"It's clear these people are coming in for reasons other than employment," Gonzalez said.

2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Yea, we start seeing more of this type of news I am sure....

Just look at MSNBC today..

In porous border, GOP sees an opening
    Candidates take hard line to rally conservative base

ORO VALLEY, Ariz. - When 11-term Rep. Jim Kolbe (R-Ariz.) announced his retirement, he bestowed his endorsement on soft-spoken state Rep. Steve Huffman. Only someone in his own moderate mold, Kolbe declared, could prevail in a demographically diverse district stretching from the affluent foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains above Tucson to the rugged border of Mexico.

STORY LINK

The Problem here, is they have had many years to consider and do something about this and yet, NOW that there is an election up for grabs, they are "getting tough".

Where was that toughness before the election year? Why should be believe they are going to do something about it now?

I have said all along that we need to shore up our borders, but this strikes me as PURE POLICITICS when they haven't done anything up until now, and yet they want to "act tough" all of a sudden..

Jamie

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The toughness was there but the funding was not. Let's face it, we're going to have to up a bunch of bucks to secure the Mexico boarder. Someone will have to raise taxes or shift other budget money.

4. Burrito Breath

Burrito Breath New Member

Object Amundo

Accusing Burrito of beeing terrorista jes plane wrong! They say mi "green card" is in da mail okay!

Geeve brown brothers uno break!

5. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

If that is so, and I don't believe it, I think it's time to raise some money.... I don't believe that it's a "money" issue.

Let's think about it for a minute...

Spend No/Low money on shoring up our borders... Pay for it, SPEND A LOT OF MONEY, when someone gets in that wants to do harm to us.....

Spend money to shore up our borders and lower the chances of an attack again...

If it were me, I would spend money up front because it would be cheaper I think. Also, why is it that we can find money for EVERYTHING else, but not this?

I agree that it would cost us to shore up our borders, but I don't believe that is the reason it hasn't been done yet.

It's Polictics plain and simple. In the end, We the People will pay for it one way or the other....

Jamie

6. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Iranians don't speak Arabic, for the most part, and are not Arabs - they're Aryan.

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Burrito

What is going on? Why do you mock spanish speaking Americans?

Are you doing this because you do not know how offensive that is?

Or, are you doing this because you do know how offensive that is?

Is being offensive Christ like?

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Iran has been a major supporter of terrorism since they took the US embassy and have routinely financed operations with drugs and counterfeit currency . . .

And just because there was Iranian money - doesn't mean that the users of the money were Iranian, just using Iranian money.

9. cbw431

cbw431 New Member

I agree, Burrito, that was very unChristian to mock Mexicans like that, maybe you thot it was funny but next time, think about it a few minutes before you hit that enter button. Very uncool, you need to apologize.

10. cbw431

cbw431 New Member

I agree, Burrito, that was very unChristian to mock Mexicans like that, maybe you thot it was funny but next time, think about it a few minutes before you hit that enter button. Very uncool, you need to apologize.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your point is?

12. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Her point is when dealing with matters of Middle East politics and religion be careful how you parse your comments. Because most Iranians are Farsi speaking Shiites, most Sunni Arabs are willing to take the money but not much else. I give as an example the much of the current troubles in Iraq are rooted in the Sunni\Shia split. Though that won't keep either side from operating under the principle of:
    However, before I accept these statements more than opinion, I'd like to see a "terrorist" one of these sheriffs arrested in the normal course of their duty.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I think most people here know that Iranians are not Arabs and don't speak Arabic. At least I do. However...

What does the fact that Iranians don't speak Arabic have to do with the subject at hand? Illegal immigration of foreigners other than Mexicans through Mexico?

14. Burrito Breath

Poleesh Peeples

Sorry amundo El Guero

I start mockin' Poleesh peeples instead. Okey Dokey?

Feel free en joinin' me! burrito

15. Burrito Breath

Oops Amundo

Guero; jes heard from Poleesh Embassee. They say Poleesh jokes now outlawed. Worn out in de 80's. They say, "Burrito, why not Germans?"

Well why not?

16. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Why not be a servant of the Most High and try to witness to people from other cultures instead of ridiculing them and closing them to the Good News of the Kingdom of God over something as ludicrous as faking being a minority to which you do not belong and do not respect?