1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Texas sized BBq Grill

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I like that ;)

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

I've seen a grill like that on foodnetwork bbq cookoff, forgot which one. They're hugh and expensive. Usually one of a kind.

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

DonnA---------thats why they are "Texas Exclusives!!!!!!!!!":wavey::wavey:

I heard a Texas joke once

There was a big Texan who decided to go up to New York City---to check out a few banking industry ideas

He was listening to some banking conference speaker talk about how big the banks are in New York City-----on and on this banker went on about New York banking------"You need to invest in my New York bank!!"----on and on about New York banks---"You need to put your money in my bank here in New York!!!!"

Well--the ole Texan had had enough of the New Yorker braggin' about his bank

He finally gets a chance to meet this conference speaker/banker and says to him

"Say, Fella!!!! I'd like for you to come down to Texas this weekend---my wife and I want to invite you over!!!--------Tell ya what---------This Friday-------I'll send my son's private jet up to pick you and your wife up at the airport-------and will fly you down to my son's 10,000 acre ranch just south of Austin!!! We can go fishing in his private lake!!! We can go golfing on his private range!!! Then we can go shootin' at his private shooting house!!!"

The New York banker says to the Texan

"Say, Man!!!! Sounds like your son has struck it big time!!!! Just wondering!!!! Sounds like a big investor!!!!! How old is your son?????"

"Why, he's 9 years old!!!!!!!":laugh::laugh:

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Looks like that baby should shoot about an 800 Caliber steak, just from a quick glance at the pic. :D :laugh:

Ed

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

A local man, some years ago, who owned a farm and some cattle and also at that time owned a large (for this area) tractor dealership, which also included a good number of used and also quite a few non-running tractors. that were kept for parts, in the inventory, went to some sort of 'church meeting' or 'tour' somewhere out in the western part of the United States. While there, he also met a couple of cattle ranchers from Texas, who were there on the same tour, and as he was also interested in hearing what he might learn about cattle from them, was hanging around quietly listening about cattle, when, as was relayed to me, the 'bragging' started about the size of the operations between the two cattlemen, as to the size of their ranches and number of cattle they owned.

As he was listening, somewhere in the conversation, one of them apparently turned to him and asked him if he was also a cattleman. His responded that yes, he also had some cattle.

He was then asked about the size of his own operation. Sensing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to knock a Texan down a couple of pegs, he said that he was not sure of the exact acreage or the number of cattle (All land in KY is legally described as an " ' "X" number of acres,' more or less" and as this was in the spring, during calving season, most likely he did not know the exact number of new calves that had been born, at that time.), but said, "About all I can tell you, as to numbers, is that the last time I counted, there were better than 200 tractors on my place." :laugh: :laugh:

Ed

#6 EdSutton, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2009