1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Texas woman with a concealed gun accidentally shoots a patient in her doctor's office

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Oct 27, 2015.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Conflicting witness reports. One said the woman reached into her purse for paperwork and a gun fell out and discharged. Another said the woman put her purse on the counter and the gun discharged.

Something is fishy.

Not only that but hospitals are always gun-free zones so whoever brought the gun in was breaking the law.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo using Tapatalk.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "need" goes back to the American Revolution, the Founding Fathers and their development of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights in order to protect the American citizenry and insure the security of a free state.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

HankD

3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How did Rosa Parks determine she had a "need" to not move to the back of the bus?

How did John Lewis and the Reverend Hosea Williams determine a "need" to cross the Edmund Pettus Bridge on "Bloody Sunday" in 1965?

I am familiar with the "Bill of Rights" but can you point me to the "Bill of Needs?" I have never heard of that one.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. All 50 states have different laws regarding restricted areas. Here in Texas a CHL allows carry in a hospital unless there is a legally displayed "30.06" sign at every entrance (See below). (30.06 is the section of the Texas Penal Code dealing with restricted areas.) Also the article does not say it was in a hospital. It was in a doctor's office. :)

30.06.jpg

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're right on both counts. I thought it was a hospital emergency waiting room. I should have put "almost always" in my statement about hospitals being gun-free zones.

"We sincerely appreciate the swift actions of our Associates and rapid responders to an unfortunate event that occurred this morning at CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Outpatient Pavilion. What we know is a patient accidentally discharged a handgun in a physician office waiting room, causing non-life-threatening injury to another individual, who was cared for immediately and has already been discharged for home. Handguns are strictly prohibited on all CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Health System campuses.

Read More at: http://www.fox4beaumont.com/news/fe...s-at-clinic-striking-patient-thigh-7763.shtml

6. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only if all entrances are legally posted with 30.06 signs. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actuall, it may have been a hospital. It was an out patient pavillion, something many hospitals have. It's considered part of the hospital. It's usually where they do outpatient surgery. The articles I have seen are unclear on that point.

But it wouldn't really matter. Neither the purse nor the gun belonged to the woman involved.