1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Texas

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by chuck2336, Oct 6, 2008.

1. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

The Longhorns take on the zero u sinners this weekend. Who wins and score please

Texas Wins

27-21

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Oklahoma beats the psuedo UT, 38-21.

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the last battle of UT orange, it was Texas that beat Tennessee. I know it was 40 years ago this year, but that is the 2nd bowl game I remember watching. The first was the night before, the Astro-Bluebonnet Bowl, where SMU beat Oklahoma 28-27. Yeah, '68 was the year I understood football well enough to really follow it. Anyway, it's Texas that should call Tennessee the "pseudo UT" considering that.

As for the Red River Shootout this SAT, I think it's just a hard call. Oklahoma definitely looks more methodical, offensively and defensively, but both teams have faced about the same level of competition overall, and their results are about the same. With OU's experienced offensive line, and UT's inexperienced defensive secondary, you have to expect Bradford will have time to throw and his receivers will elude and make catches. So if Texas is to win, I think it will be in a scoring shootout, like 38-35. But we will just have to see UT's offense against a qucker, tougher defense than they have faced; that may be the same for both teams, but again it's UT's young secondary where the difference should be. Going against what I feel I will say Texas just can't stop Oklahoma enough to keep up, and OU wins 34-27.

4. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Would anyone like to revist this discussion or are we all satifsfied to know that we finally have the right team at #1.

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I don't think the right team is at #1. Too early to say that yet. No question that was a good win for TU. Colt McCoy deserves some mention for the Heisman, although Lou Holtz may have a point relative to their schedule (although I won't use all the profanity Holtz used and thereby be forced to make an apology)

As for the real UT, remember that the court case settled this in the mid 80s even if Texas got what it wanted out of the deal: royalties it didn't deserve.

6. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I don't disagree, but I'm not sure who else I'd put there. Penn State maybe? Looking forward to seeing how much Penn State crushes Michigan by.

Texas' case for being the clear #1 will be made if they beat Missouri and Texas Tech.

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I totally agree. No one has distinguished themselves as the clear #1. Truthfully, I don't know that we've seen a clear cut regular season dominate #1 in a long time.

PSU has their chance against OSU and Mich St. PSU's dismantling of Wisc (perhaps overrated) was telling. Not too many teams go into Camp Randall and just thrash the Badgers. Bama has to be upset that LSU lost. They do have to play them at Death Valley. The annual war with UT has lost some of its luster but as usual, it's going to be a 3rd Sat in October. Bama better make sure they take care of Ole Miss Sat and not look ahead to their fierce rival. And the season ending battle with Auburn is unfinished business since Bama has lost, what, 5 or 6 in a row? Everyone better watch USC, because the pollsters love them and will put them at the top if they get half a chance.

8. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

I am not sure USC should be able to go much higher. They have only one ranked team on the schedule (#25 Cal), and they more than likely will lose that game.

As for Texas being number one it is too early to care too much, the schedule is rough. Oklahoma, Mizzu,OSU, and then Texas Tech. I just hope to survive the next month!

Hook Em Horns!

9. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Texas will beat Missouri, Missiouri is one demonsional, like LSU