1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Textual Criticism

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Askjo, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Askjo

Askjo New Member

History still disagrees with him. Sorry!
    See the Website: The History of the Controversy

2. Askjo

Askjo New Member

I think that's part of the problem. When you aren't able or capable or knowledgable of a subject and it comes across in the statements you choose to make regarding that subject, it calls into question your credibility. I'm afraid that Cloud's comments on this and on Calvinism have unnecessarily brought his credibility into question.
    </font>[/QUOTE]You - Calvinist?

3. Askjo

Askjo New Member

You deny Psalm 12:6-7 (KJV) referring to God's preservation of the Holy Scriptures. Sorry, Hills was right.

4. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

I do believe that God's Word has been preserved, but these verses do not refer to that.

Neal

5. Anti-Alexandrian

Yes he is,and yes he was!

6. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Anyone who can read should see that Psalm 12 has NOTHING to do with scriptural preservation.

This is one more example of bad scriptural interpretation that the KJVonlyist use to justify their unscriptural KJV only doctrine.

7. Anti-Alexandrian

And it is also an example of you're rejection of God's ability to preserve His pure word,the KJB.

8. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

I do not deny Psalm 12:6-7. I deny your gross interpretation of it. Nothing in that entire Psalm would lead a person to believe in was referring to the KJV. It doesn't even refer to the Hebrew. Nice try, but if you want a serious debate, you will have to stop wrenching Scripture from its context and meaning. You might be able to convince gullible people in your church about that meaning, but people who think through what is being said will NEVER turn to that interpretation.

Next.

9. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I deny your false interpretation of it. Psalm 12:6-7 refers to the preservation of teh godly man which is in danger of perishing from off the earth. The attempt to make it refer to the preservation of God's word is illegitimaate, making God out to say something he did not say. That is twisting the word of God.

God did not perfectly preserve his word, as is evidenced by the 5000+ manuscripts of which no two are alike. The TR underlying teh KJV was compiled from less than a dozen of the differeing manuscripts, which Erasmus making choices about what the word of God really was. He cleary got it wrong in some places such as Rev 22. Interestingly enough, he got it right in 1 John 5:7-8, and then later changed it under teh pressure from some others.

When you handle the word of God so frivously as you do with Psalm 12:6-7, you do a great disservice to his word. His truth deserves better than that. Those who love his truth should treat it better.

10. All about Grace

All about Grace New Member

Perhaps taking a cue from his predecessor Erasmus who allowed the pressure of peers to on occasion control his interpretive methods. ;)

11. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

MV-neverist said:

And it is also an example of you're rejection of God's ability to preserve His pure word,the KJB.

You speak falsehood. Someone may reject the KJV-onlyists' perversion of the meaning of Psalm 12 and still believe God has perfectly preserved his Word.

As a matter of fact, I have a copy of God's perfectly preserved Word right here at my elbow: a New American Standard Bible. How do I know it is preserved? Well, here it is.

But we all really know what your code words mean: "God's ability to preserve His pure word in the KJV and only the KJV." That false belief is quite rightly to be rejected by all Bible believers.

12. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Why did you favor the term, "interpretation" than translation? Psalm 12:6-7 by translating from Hebrew to English is correct. This passage by interpreting from Hebrew to English is perverting the Scripture. Look at NI v -- v stands for version -- TRANSLATION -- not interpretation.

13. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

Look a little closer. The KJV (as well as NKJV, NIV, and ESV) are not as accurate as possible. I believe the NASB has the most accurate translation of these two verses.

Neal

14. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Jack Moorman answered on Psalm 12:6-7 as you read the website: the doctrine of preservation on Psalm 12:6-7