1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thank You For Smoking

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Filmproducer, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Great movie. Watched it this afternoon. Anyone else like it?

2. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

Seeing as the movie is Rated 'R' for Language and Sexual Content, should a Child of God be found finding pleasure in watching such filth?

3. Songbird

Songbird New Member

4. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

5. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

[sarcasm]Yes, the only reason I watched the movie was to hear the language and watch the sexual content.....:rolleyes: [/sarcasm]

If you don't want to see the movie, then don't, but don't judge my christianity for seeing it. I thought it was an excellent satire of the modern political landscape.

Anyone actually see it? If so, I would like to know your thoughts. For those who don't want to see it, for whatever reason, I am not trying to persuade you to see it.

6. Diggin in da Word

Just wondering...

does your film Sodom and Gomorrah also have a language and sexual content rating?

7. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Just what are you getting at here didw? My film has NOTHING to do with the OP, and you have already questioned my Christianity. I have nothing to hide, however, and I am very proud of the film we have produced and it's underlying message (the Gospel story). (You did notice my profile says "Christian Filmmaker", right?)

Our film is an adult film, in the sense that it is for adults. We were very careful about the use of language in the film, and there is absolutely NO NUDITY in the film. Any sexual content is implied, (the main character has an affair that destroys his family). I do not know if it will be rated PG-13, or rated R, as it has not been rated yet. After meeting with a former MPAA exec. we are confident that it will be rated PG-13. It is a movie for adults, not children. It could also be rated R, after all there are strong "thematic elements" (religious content).

FYI, all films, whether they be Bambi or my film, have a language and sexual content rating. The whole purpose of the MPAA is to screen films for such content.

Did that answer your question, or is there anything else? I suggest you read the "director's notes" on the filmmakers page of our website. It gives insight into my husband's decision to write and produce this movie. Maybe you'll learn something. Better yet, I just post some of the more relevant quotes...

8. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Can we get back to the OP, now?

I would be happy to discuss my film, but somebody will need to start a new thread.

9. Diggin in da Word

Will start a new thread as soon as you answer one question...

You said in an earlier post that you were very careful about the use of language. Does that mean no cursing? or what??

10. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

To the best of my knowledge, at this point there will be no cursing. When filming the more dramatic scenes, (there are a lot of them), sometimes there was cursing. (FTR, we are Christian filmmakers, not all of the actors are Christians)

There is some offensive language, though. For instance, if you watch the trailer you will see the very emotionally distraught daughter calling her father a "queer and a liar".