1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thanks a lot you guys...

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by gekko, Sep 27, 2005.

1. gekko

gekko New Member

ya... so i put up some poll about longboarding and hacky sack and other...

and none of you even put anything in there? why? too cool? cool is a myth. i was asking a simple question people... can't you have the respect and put some random answer down at least? or you think i'm some punk 18 yr. old teenage sk8r? well, to tell you, i'm not... i ain't no punk. crazy people you are. i'm not the happiest person right now. it's been sittin' there for over a week!! hey admin. why not just delete it! nobody's gon' listen to me anyways!! nobody even responded to say that nobody does that? nobody! ya, you'll say one person took the poll... that was me, to see if ya'll would even take a peek at it... but nooooo, you all are too cool for that...

gosh.

at least have the decency to take the poll. the title on the subject was "old schoo'"

have a great day all.

2. NateT

NateT Member

I would be willing to bet that most people here don't know what longboarding is. The only reason I do, is I have a 21 year old bro-in-law. Most of us aren't qualified to take a poll on that stuff.

3. gekko

gekko New Member

the least people could do is let me know bout that...?

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

When I saw "old schoo" I didn't have a clue what it was about so never even looked. I don't have a clue what longboarding is.

Your criticism is unjust. Many, many, many threads go unresponded to. It is not because people think they are "too cool" to answer.

5. gekko

gekko New Member

sorry 'bout the 'too cool' part everybody... my bad. people could ask what longboarding is though...? maybe?

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Okay - I'll bite. What is longboarding?

The poll was difficult to respind to if you didn't know what longboarding or hacky-sack are though.

7. gekko

gekko New Member

longboarding is like skateboarding.... without as many tricks... not a whole lot actually. essentially, it's like surfing on land. some people use these boards (which range from 30 inches or so [or less] to 50 inches [or more] ) the people use them for transportation, bombing (which is travelling at super fast speeds down hills), or carving (which is going from side to side on a hill, but still going down the hill, not as fast as bombing.) longboards have larger wheels, which helps with speed, and some wheels are more rubbery, which helps with grip when going at faster speeds... they are much much smoother than skateboards, and you do not need to push as much.

here is a video of Longboarding... they are much more advanced as me, but i hope to get there someday...

Speed is the Key

if that url does not work then:

Landyachtz Video Gallery

then click on the "Speed is the Key" video. the other video's are also very good... some are long...

right now, i use it mostly for cruising, which is just going on flat land, some hills, not too steep, not too flat.

i hope that explains a little more?

any more questions, just fire away. :D

8. OCC

OCC Guest

I don't even recall seeing it...

9. OCC

OCC Guest

Sorry...there it is...in all caps. I don't know...when I saw the title of the thread I just didn't even bother. I'm sorry.