1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thanks for your prayers

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Crabtownboy, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The flights home went very well. In Prague the plane had to be deiced and then we flew to London's Heathrow. I had forgotten that it is only about 650 miles between the two cities. Europe is smaller than most of us Americans realize ... and America is much bigger than most Europeans realize.

From London to Baltimore we had a 100 mph tail wind. That is a very rare event as the prevailing wind is almost always from west to east. So, we landed 1 hour and 20 minutes early. That meant I only got to watch two movies and one episode of Taxi. But I can live with that. :laugh:

The Internet is great. My wife was able to track my flight and was at the airport waiting when I came out of customs. She even saw the plane land as she approached the airport.

Bottom line. I am home. :wavey: My body still thinks it is somewhere east of here, but that will adjust ... I hope.

Thanks for the safe travel prayers.

2. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glad you're home safely!

3. Spinach

Spinach New Member

I'm glad your flights went well.

I've not been through Heathrow, but dh says it's like a small city. I've only ever flown through Germany.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dh is right. Heathrow is like a small city. They have five terminals and flights coming from and going to just about any city you have ever heard of and many that, at least, I had never heard of ... and I thought I was pretty well up on my geography. You see people from all over the world coming and going there.

I won't mention the company, but I had one of the worst cups of coffee there that I have ever had ... and it is a well known coffee company. Oh well .... after dumping enough chocolate and vanilla powder into the foul brew I was able to get it down. :laugh:

Again, thanks for the prayers.